Federal TEACH Grant:
Nyack College is an eligible institution because we are accredited by NCATE. The TEACH Grant is a federal program for Undergraduate and Graduate students in teacher education programs offering up to $4000/year. In exchange for TEACH Grant aid, students must agree to serve as a full-time teacher at specified schools and teach in a specified field (high need schools and fields) for 4 academic years within the 8 years after completing the program. TEACH grant recipients who do not fulfill their teaching obligation must repay the grant as if it was an unsubsidized student loan. The student enters into an agreement with the federal government and they track the progress of the student after graduation. For more information and to start the application process, click here
The School of Education is proud to offer several grant opportunities to new incoming students that are renewable for all semesters enrolled if a 3.0 minimum GPA is met.
- Nyack School of Education Alumni Grant – Grant will cover 50% of the cost of tuition for qualified students who recently graduated. This grant cannot be combined with any other grant offered in the MSED program.
- Nyack College Alumni Grant—Awarded to students graduating from a Nyack Undergraduate program and enrolling in the MSE program. $500 per 3 credit course. This grant cannot be combined with any other grant offered in the MSED program.
- Christian School Teacher Grant – Awarded to any student who is currently employed as a teacher in a Christian School. $250 per 3 credit course.
- Public School Teacher Grant – Awarded to any student who is currently employed as a teacher in a Christian School. $250 per 3 credit course.
- Cooperating Teacher Grant – Awarded per credit to teachers who were cooperating teachers for Nyack College student teachers. $150 per 3 credit course.
- Rockland County Teacher’s Association Grant—Awarded per credit to teachers who are members of the Teacher’s Association. $150 per 3 credit course.
Entrance or Exit Loan Counseling:
Exit Counseling (required of all students entering repayment. i.e.-graduating seniors)
If all of your loans have been secured through private lenders, and not the Dept. of Education please contact us using the form below.
When taking out loans to pay for school, remember you are making an investment. Borrow wisely and only if absolutely necessary to pay for college related costs.
GRAD PLUS Loans-parents
Send a Message
1 South Boulevard
Nyack, NY 10960