Master of Business Administration Online
- The Nyack College online Master of Business Administration program is committed to providing students with an academic curriculum that focuses on an action-based learning model that integrates theory, research and application to real world issues. Through the courses, the MBA program seeks to foster learning environments that stimulate entrepreneurial thinking and enables students to utilize their knowledge to create and launch innovative business ventures.
- Fully online: Designed specifically for students who wish to work full time while earning their degree
- 16 month degree: 42 credit program, MBA
- Cohort model: Build long-lasting relationships with professors and up to 20 students in your cohort
- Same courses and sequence: With scheduled time (synchronous) and any time access (asynchronous) online components
- Starts each Fall, Spring, or Summer: Most classes are five weeks long, offered one at a time
Upon completion of the program, candidates are expected to have been able to:
- Interpret, explain, and classify appropriate processes to bring about positive change and sustainable growth within organizational constructs (MBA 1; Socially Relevant).
- Identify and evaluate ethical problems, enabling them to make well-justified ethical decisions while promoting a highly ethical culture in an organizational context (MBA 2; Socially Relevant).
- Analyze and apply appropriate research as related to supporting positions and solving problems within organizations (MBA 3; Academically Excellent).
- Understand, evaluate, and apply appropriate research methodologies for an acceptable and executable academic research proposal (MBA 4; Academically Excellent).
- Understand and compare requirements for interdependence and interconnectedness of organizations in the global community (MBA 5; Globally Engaged).
- Differentiate and implement effective communication, management, and leadership methods within multi-national organizations (MBA 6; Globally Engaged).
- Determine diverse perspectives as a means to solving organizational problems while generating new innovation for positive and sustainable change within organizational constructs (MBA 7; Intentionally Diverse).
- Justify appropriate positions and proposals with confidence and competency in oral and written communication (MBA 8; Personally Transforming).
- Convenience: Fit into your busy lifestyle graduate level courses from the comforts of your own home or while traveling.
- Rigorous Curriculum: Course work prepares students for the workplace with real-world business challenges, taught by faculty with superior academic credentials and a strong background in business.
- Flexibility: The MBA program allows you to complete your MBA coursework in as little as 16 months.
- Personal Attention: With an average cohort size of 15 students, the MBA program ensures you receive the personal, hands-on attention you deserve.
- Community: The MBA is delivered in a small cohort format providing an outstanding community experience for each student. You will develop deep relationships as you work together in teams, assist each other in completing assignments, and graduate together at the end of the program.
The Nyack College MBA Online Program affords the learner with an opportunity to complete the MBA journey within a sixteen month time frame and in a totally virtual environment. The requirements, courses, sequence and duration of both the courses and overall program are consistent with the onsite program. The key difference is the flexibility it affords the learner by allowing them to participate online during each week of the course.
In lieu of participating in the physical classroom onsite, the learner is expected to:
- Complete each reading assignment;
- Listen to or review weekly lecture materials;
- Complete assignments;
- Contribute to the weekly online discussion forums in an asynchronous mode:
- questions will be facilitated by the professor and all students are expected to provide high quality written discussion postings;
- students are encouraged to respond to other student’s written discussion posts;
- there are usually three discussion forums each week, in each course, and students are expected to post initially by a specific day in the week and then make two other posting contributions on two other days during the week to either follow-on questions by the professor, or in response to other student posts;
- Participate in live synchronous sessions hosted by the professor to review weekly material, answer questions, or further discussions that are underway in the asynchronous discussion forums.
Each course is five weeks in duration (except the three required seminars which are one week in duration), and each online week commences on Tuesday at 12:01am ET and concludes the following Monday at 11:59pm ET. A key requirement is that the learner has consistent access to a computer with a high-speed internet connection, and proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Power Point and Excel), as many of these are required for the completion of assignments. All requirements detailed in the MBA Program that are being offered onsite, are consistent with those required in the online program.
Our program is clearly focused on Social Responsibility and Entrepreneurship, understanding that entrepreneurship is not only about “new” ventures, but about creativity and innovation for new ventures or existing organizations. Our well defined capstone process and project allow the student to apply their learning for a meaningful creation of a viable and real business plan. Each student is afforded an individual advisor to guide them with their capstone project.
As a Christian college, we are not apologetic about our Christian principles, as they serve as a guide post for everything that we do.
- Summer 2016: April 2016 (Dates / Location TBD)