An unconditional employment offer from Nyack College is contingent upon a successful background check.
Jobs in New York City
|Job Posted: 12.08.2016 Job Type: Staff Location: NYC
|Nyack College is looking to add a results-oriented, energetic and personable sales person to our Office of Undergraduate Admissions in New York City. A successful candidate will enjoy telling Nyack’s unique story to prospective students, emotionally engage every person that expresses interest in Nyack, and professionally represent the identity, character and mission of Nyack with excellence.
Primary Objective - to recruit, counsel and enroll prospective students into Nyack College.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Serving as a primary contact for prospective students by assisting them through the enrollment process.
• One-on-one admissions counseling to diverse populations through in-person appointments, phone calls and emails.
• Planning and implementing recruitment activities for assigned territories in the New York City area including college fairs and churches, to engage prospective students and actively responding to follow-up inquiries.
• Representing Nyack’s programs at college fairs and other recruitment events through presentations and one-on-one meetings.
• Maintaining in-depth knowledge of program requirements, degree offerings and school enrollment policies
• Performing administrative office duties
• Flexibility in working both independently and as a part of a team
1. Strong Christian character and devotion to Christian service
2. Bachelor's degree required
3. Sales/customer service background, required
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experienced in large group presentations
5. Ability to relate to a diverse pool of prospective college students with sensitivity, diplomacy and discretion
6. Related work experience as a recruiter, desired
7. Comfortable with technology and able to learn and use a Customer Relationship Management database
8. Willingness and ability to travel locally within the New York Metro area
9. Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours as needed
10. Outgoing, positive professional
11. Strong presentation, listening and verbal communication skills
12. Adaptable and able to prioritize demands in high pressure environments to meet and exceed assigned goals
|Email a cover letter, resume and completed Staff Application (available for download at the top of this page) to:
Director of Admissions – NYC Campus
2 Washington Street
New York, NY 10004
at firstname.lastname@example.org . Applicants will be considered until the position is filled.