Jobs in Rockland County
|Job Posted: 10.20.2014 Job Type: Staff Location: Rockland
|Admissions for Alliance Graduate School of Counseling
|Alliance Graduate School of Counseling (AGSC) has an opening at the Rockland Campus for an Admissions Associate. The primary objective of this position is to recruit, counsel and enroll prospective students into AGSC programs. Duties and responsibilities include representing the College at recruitment events; working independently and as member of a team; serving as a primary contact for prospective students and applicants; maintaining in-depth knowledge of programs and degree offerings; scheduling and delivering presentations at Open House Events, local businesses, churches and colleges; representing Nyack’s programs at college fairs and other recruitment events; executing outreach strategies to engage prospective students and actively respond to follow-up inquiries; performing administrative office duties such as receiving phone calls and answering emails; and maintaining good working knowledge of program requirements and school policies in order to assist applicants through the enrollment process.
1. Bachelor's degree required; directly-related Master’s degree preferred
2. Related work experience preferred
3. Sales/Customer service background helpful
4. Professional and well organized
5. Strong Christian character and devotion to Christian service
6. Experience and comfort with public speaking; strong interpersonal and communication skills
7. Able to learn and use a Customer Relationship Management system
8. Willingness and ability to travel locally; flexibility to work evening and weekend hours as needed
9. Able to meet or exceed assigned goals (quota)
10. Adaptable in stressful environments; responds well under pressure
|Email a cover letter, resume and completed Staff Application (available for download at the top of this page) to:
Director of Human Resources
1 South Blvd
Nyack, NY 10960
at email@example.com. Applicants will be considered until the position is filled.
|Job Posted: 08.01.2014 Job Type: Staff Location: Rockland
|The Information Technology department has a full-time opening for a System Administrator. Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, primary responsibilities include overseeing and supporting day-to-day functions of computing resources and services at both the Undergraduate and Graduate campuses.
Specific duties include but are not limited to fielding desktop support calls and emails, utilizing the established ticketing system to document progress towards solutions, appropriately escalating any critical aspects of reported issues or assigned projects, assisting in the installation of networking infrastructure and servers, creating material and documentation for the purposes of training users, interfacing with on-site vendors, overseeing student workers, and attending training.
1. Bachelor’s degree; Computer Science or related field preferred
2. Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience in installing, maintaining and repairing computer hardware (PC required, Mac preferred)
3. Ability to work well independently and with others, including faculty, staff, and students
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills in person, by email and over the phone
5. Ability to think critically and methodically to resolve problems and provide solutions
6. Ability to troubleshoot classroom presentation technology
7. Working knowledge of current desktop operating systems (Win /OSX) and ability to provide reasonable support for using and configuring mobile device applications
8. Must have or be willing to acquire a working knowledge of LAN technology, architecture, and protocols and ability to configure and maintain associated switching hardware
9. Must have or be willing to build a working knowledge of WiFi technology and ability to troubleshoot issues related to hardware, signal strength, and capacity
10. Must have or be willing to acquire a working knowledge of connecting Windows and Mac Desktops to the Windows Server Network Operating system and ability to manage aspects of Directory Services, such as: user accounts, group memberships, and print queues
11. Ability to train and manage student workers
12. An understanding of and personal commitment to the Core Values of Nyack College
|Email a cover letter, resume, and completed Staff Application (available for download at the top of this page) to the attention of:
Director of Information Technology
1 South Blvd
Nyack, NY 10960
at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position available immediately. Applicants will be considered until the position is filled.
|Job Posted: 07.04.2014 Job Type: Faculty Location: Rockland
|School of Nursing
|Nyack College’s School of Nursing invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Nursing faculty appointment beginning in Spring 2015. Responsibilities include classroom and clinical teaching, student advisement, and scholarship engagement.
The successful candidate must have a Master’s Degree in Nursing with a clinical specialization, preferably in adult health nursing. An earned doctoral degree in nursing or a health-related field is preferred. Candidates enrolled in a doctoral program with strong clinical/educational background will be considered. RN licensure in New York state, at least 2 years of teaching nursing at the baccalaureate level, and at least 5 years of clinical experience are also required.
With locations in scenic Rockland County and in Lower Manhattan, Nyack College is a Christian liberal arts college of the Christian and Missionary Alliance. Candidates should be supportive of the college’s core values, statement of faith and lifestyle expectations. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Salary and rank is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
|To apply, email a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a completed faculty application to the attention of:
Dr. Elizabeth Simon
Dean, School of Nursing
1 South Blvd
Nyack, NY 10960
Jobs in New York City
|Job Posted: 10.21.2014 Job Type: Staff Location: NYC
|Nyack College’s Graduate School has a part-time opening for a Strategic Relationships Associate – NYC Churches. Working about 7-15 hours per week, duties include:
• Planning and implementing travel/outreach activities (church events, revivals, information sessions, education fairs, businesses, colleges/universities) related to generating new students/leads for the Graduate and Seminary programs, especially at Sunday services
• Increasing positive awareness of the graduate schools within ministries and non-profit organization communities
• Developing strategies for promoting master programs’ offerings to congregations, alumni, and individuals
• Seeking out high profile events with solid return on investment to display institution
• Meeting with internal and external church representatives and area faculty to promote Nyack programs
• Undertaking a regular schedule of outreach travel and promotional activities with local churches within the NYC region, at least one event per weekend.
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred
2. Excellent communication skills (including telephone and interpersonal) for recruiting, communication, emails, and report preparation.
3. Exceptional work ethic and ability to work independently (will be working independently on events most of the time).
4. People-oriented and able to track and monitor relationships across a broad spectrum of institutions.
5. Familiar with reporting and tracking results.
6. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
7. Must possess a high knowledge of ministry, higher education marketing and sales experience in a professional capacity. Customer service, telemarketing, and/or advising experience in an educational environment entailing one-on-one interaction is highly preferred.
8. Computer literate in MS Office and Internet; accurate and timing typing skills (30+ wpm).
9. Ability to learn web-based recruiting system.
10. Passionate belief in the power of education along with the desire to help adults achieve their academic, professional, and personal goals. Ability to motivate adults to take action.
11. Must have an excellent command of professional presentation skills and be comfortable presenting to groups both large and small.
12. Comfortable interacting with high-profile business leaders, pastors, and alumni.
|To apply, send a cover letter and resume to the attention of
Associate Director of Admissions
2 Washington St
New York, NY 10004
via email to email@example.com.
|Job Posted: 10.03.2014 Job Type: Staff Location: NYC
|Office for Student Life
|Manhattan’s Office for Student Life has a part-time position available for an Administrative Assistant. Working approximately 20 hours per week, duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Providing administrative oversight to ensure a smooth functioning environment between the Associate Dean, Assistant to the Associate Dean, students, clubs and general Nyack community,
• Providing and facilitating all administrative duties such as phone calls, memos, announcements, and general maintenance connected to all forms of communication between students, faculty and staff,
• Processing all photo IDs by verification of enrolled status,
• Maintaining, keeping up-to-date, and monitoring all bulletin boards which display student activities and events,
• Providing all administrative support connected to student events, programs, outreaches and all other forms of activities which represent the Nyack student community,
• Preparing the annual student Yearbook,
• Ordering office supplies and maintaining proper inventory,
• Taking minutes at monthly meetings and distributing them to necessary audience, and
• Occasionally assist in off-campus activities and events.
1. Bachelor degree preferred
2. Mature and responsible person who can be trusted with confidential information
3. Organizational and multitasking skills
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional and graphics design
6. Proficient in email and internet search and development
7. Basic website design
8. Understanding of and appreciation for a diverse student body
9. Team player and strong people skills
10. Exhibits creative ideas and initiative; self-motivated
|Send a resume and cover letter addressed to:
Rev. Charles Hammond
Associate Dean of Student Life
Nyack College - NYC Campus
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Job Posted: 05.20.2014 Job Type: Staff Location: NYC
|Office of Enrollment Services
|The Office of Enrollment Services of Nyack College has an opening for the position of Director of Undergraduate Admissions at the Manhattan Campus.
The Director of Undergraduate Admissions is focused on the proactive engagement of prospective students and the delivery of superior service in support of admission and College enrollment goals. The Director must embrace, as well as be an advocate for, Nyack's mission to provide Christian, high quality, relevant education enabling the broadest possible community of learners to achieve their goals.
The successful candidate will be able to manage and supervise an admissions team, work collaboratively with other departments, and inspire and motivate others. The Director will be responsible for overseeing the application and enrollment of qualified students for the campus. This will be accomplished through managing the admissions process and directing the admissions team in responding to inquiries, monitoring and reviewing admissions applicants, enrolling qualified students, and successfully transitioning them into College.
1. Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred
2. Prior experience and success in University enrollment or sales
3. At least 10 years of managerial experience
4. At least 10 years of experience in customer service and excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to build relationships with customers and co-workers
5. Enthusiastic, friendly, ambitious, persistent, and goal-oriented, with an ability to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
6. Ability to influence and inspire others to perform their jobs effectively and reach their goals
7. Ability to clearly present information publicly
8. Excellent computer and organizational skills
9. Attentive to detail and understanding of statistics and reporting
10. An understanding of and commitment to the Core Values of Nyack College
|Send a resume, cover letter, and completed Staff Application (available for download at www.nyack.edu/jobs) to the attention of:
Director of Human Resources
1 South Blvd
Nyack, NY 10960
via e-mail to email@example.com. Applicants will be considered until the position is filled.