Jobs in Rockland County
|Job Posted: 01.11.2017 Job Type: Staff Location: Rockland
|The Offices of Student Financial Services and Registrar at the Rockland campus have an opening for the full-time position of Customer Service Specialist.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, self-starter with proven problem solving skills and an ability to work independently as part of a team. Candidates must be able to multitask and engage a dynamic and high-paced office environment.
The primary position objective is to assist students and their families with successful enrollment and financing of higher education at Nyack College.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Assisting with registration
• Facilitating walk-in visits and requests
• Processing enrollment certifications
• Tracking student pursuit of program
• Collecting and processing documents and paperwork from students and/or their families
• Explaining the financial aid process to those with questions
• Learning and working daily with the campus database systems
• Working with staff in other offices to provide seamless and caring service to students.
1. Strong Christian character and devotion to Christian service
2. Bachelor's Degree required
3. Experience in higher education, finance, or non-profit organization preferred
4. Excellent and recognized customer service skills
5. Highly organized with effective time management and attention to detail
6. Adaptable, inquisitive, and responsible
7. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and comfortable with database systems
8. An understanding of and commitment to the Core Values and overall mission of Nyack College
|Send all of the following to email@example.com:
Nyack Staff application (available for download at the top of this page), cover letter, & resume
Applications received by January 31, 2017 will be given full consideration; position intended to be filled during the spring 2017 semester.
Jobs in New York City
|Job Posted: 02.16.2017 Job Type: Faculty Location: NYC
|School of Social Work
|The School of Social Work at Nyack College invites applications for a nine-month tenure track Leadership in Organizations and Communities/Macro Assistant or Associate Professor beginning August 2017.
Nyack is an undergraduate and graduate-level liberal arts college committed to Christian higher education and educating a diverse student body within major urban centers. The New York City campus is located in a brand new facility with overlooking scenic views of Battery Park and the Hudson River.
Our School of Social Work’s mission is to prepare students for competent, just and compassionate service with diverse populations. Building on the academic excellence of our Bachelor’s in Social Work program, our Master of Social Work Program was launched in August 2015. The MSW program features a focus on advanced Leadership in Organizations and Communities practice, which includes curriculum that emphasizes the macro skills. We are recruiting scholars who are interested in advancing scholarship in the area of social work macro-practice and in contributing to excellence in the preparation of students at the MSW academic levels.
The successful candidate for this position is required to have an a PhD in Social Work (ABD considered as long as degree is conferred by August 2017), an MSW degree from a CSWE accredited program, and is eligible to become a licensed Social Worker in the State of New York. Additional requirements include three years post-MSW fulltime macro practice experience, graduate level teaching experience, excellent oral and written communication; and strong organizational skills. Although the position is primarily teaching macro graduate courses, we seek a colleague who is a team player, has an interest in teaching across more than one curriculum area, and is willing to teach combined graduate and undergraduate courses. This position involves teaching a 3/3 course load, scholarship, student advisement, serving on academic committee assignments, and involvement in community partnerships.
• Teach assigned courses preparing students for careers in fields related to social work.
• Articulate and model current best practices in teaching, especially related to first generation college students.
• Advise and mentor students.
• Develop and review curriculum for courses in social work, including online courses.
• Demonstrate excellent oral & written communication skills.
• Contributes to support the on-going growth of the graduate social work program.
• Demonstrate a commitment to Christ-centered liberal Arts education by upholding the mission of the College.
• Develop strong collegial relationships with faculty, staff and students
• Develop collaborative relationships with social service organizations/agencies in the New York City area.
• Demonstrated research and scholarship and publication;
• Communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with a diverse group of students and colleagues;
• Experience in accreditation, student academic advising, committee assignments, professional development activities, and developing community partnerships.
• Experience with a diverse and broad range of clinical practice with individuals, families, and groups.
Nyack College offers a full range of traditional benefits for qualifying employees – medical/dental insurance, disability, life insurance, paid vacation and personal time, mission leave, tuition remission, and retirement savings.
Commitment to Diversity:
Nyack College is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and a multicultural learning environment. Inquiries are encouraged from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our college. Nyack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and socio- economic backgrounds.
|Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please submit a letter of application outlining your practice and teaching experience, curriculum vitae, three letters of reference and a completed Faculty Application to:
Dr. Janet. E. Furness, LMSW, Ed.D., ACSW
Director of Master of Social Work
Nyack College Manhattan Campus
2 Washington Street NY, NY 10004
Submissions may also be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Posted: 01.03.2017 Job Type: Staff Location: NYC
|School of Education
|Manhattan’s School of Education has an opening for the hourly (15 hours/week) position of Administrative Assistant. Duties and responsibilities include overseeing maintenance of office equipment; answering and directing phone calls; managing the office calendar; writing and distributing minutes; renewing memberships; ordering supplies; requisitioning checks; generating contracts and pay orders; entering and updating data into various computer systems; maintaining files; supervising student workers; assisting with end-of-year event planning; and assisting the Chair and professors with the completion of other tasks.
1. Bachelor's degree (education experience preferred)
2. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access)
3. Strong attention to details and deadlines
4. Good interpersonal skills, including phone and interoffice relations
5. Ability to work independently, and multitask in a fast-paced office
6. Familiarity with computer operations and ability to learn the existing database and interface system
7. Commitment to a Christian philosophy of education
|Submit the (1) Staff Application (found at the link below) (2) resume and (3) cover letter to:
Dr. Marie White
Chair Childhood and Adolescence Education Department
Staff Application: http://www.nyack.edu/jobs/Nyack_StaffApplication.pdf
Incomplete application packets (3 components required) will not be considered.
|Job Posted: 12.08.2016 Job Type: Staff Location: NYC
|Nyack College is looking to add a results-oriented, energetic and personable sales person to our Office of Undergraduate Admissions in New York City. A successful candidate will enjoy telling Nyack’s unique story to prospective students, emotionally engage every person that expresses interest in Nyack, and professionally represent the identity, character and mission of Nyack with excellence.
Primary Objective - to recruit, counsel and enroll prospective students into Nyack College.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Serving as a primary contact for prospective students by assisting them through the enrollment process.
• One-on-one admissions counseling to diverse populations through in-person appointments, phone calls and emails.
• Planning and implementing recruitment activities for assigned territories in the New York City area including college fairs and churches, to engage prospective students and actively responding to follow-up inquiries.
• Representing Nyack’s programs at college fairs and other recruitment events through presentations and one-on-one meetings.
• Maintaining in-depth knowledge of program requirements, degree offerings and school enrollment policies
• Performing administrative office duties
• Flexibility in working both independently and as a part of a team
1. Strong Christian character and devotion to Christian service
2. Bachelor's degree required
3. Sales/customer service background, required
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experienced in large group presentations
5. Ability to relate to a diverse pool of prospective college students with sensitivity, diplomacy and discretion
6. Related work experience as a recruiter, desired
7. Comfortable with technology and able to learn and use a Customer Relationship Management database
8. Willingness and ability to travel locally within the New York Metro area
9. Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours as needed
10. Outgoing, positive professional
11. Strong presentation, listening and verbal communication skills
12. Adaptable and able to prioritize demands in high pressure environments to meet and exceed assigned goals
|Email a cover letter, resume and completed Staff Application (available for download at the top of this page) to:
Director of Admissions – NYC Campus
2 Washington Street
New York, NY 10004
at email@example.com . Applicants will be considered until the position is filled.