Div. of Adult Education
Contact the Division of Adult Education
- Structured classes that nurture adult learning through seminar-style classes
- Convenient online and weekly classes
- Small cohorts that average 15 students
- Complete a degree in 12 months, 16 months, or 2 years
Two years of full time study are required for the AA Liberal Arts and Sciences Degree at Nyack College offered at the Rockland campus and the Manhattan campus. It is a liberal arts oriented, knowledge-enhancing Associate of Arts program that is available for students who are interested in a variety of academic fields. According to their diverse interests, the program allows students to have a rich selection of courses in different fields in order to help them gain relevant information and broaden their understanding of several academic disciplines in the arts and sciences. It allows students to make a well informed decision concerning their major of specialization for their Bachelors degree.
The AA Liberal Arts and Sciences: Sciences program offered at the Rockland campus is for students desiring knowledge enhancement in the sciences and/or preparing for employment in the health services. Furthermore, this program has also been designed to prepare students wishing to enter the upper-level BS Nursing program. Two years of full time study are required for the 60-credit AA Liberal Arts and Sciences: Sciences Degree. The Liberal Arts component and the Major Field component parallel the Nursing program coursework/curriculum to allow the maximum transfer of credits into the BS Nursing program.
- Motivated to complete the requirements for an accredited bachelor's degree in 16 months.
- Hoping to enhance your educational credentials and improve your management competencies.
- An individual with 30 credits or more.
- A supportive environment and a focused cohort-based structure designed to help working adults complete their undergraduate degree in Organizational Management.
- A relevant course offering that allows students to immediately apply classroom learning in a variety of workplace settings.
- A learning environment that encourages growth and helps students develop their communications, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- The opportunity to study at a fully accredited institution, founded in 1882 on progressive education ideals. Today Nyack College strives to foster a spirit of caring and service while providing educational access and excellence to a diverse population.
- Great career opportunities.
The MSOL program is designed for those who seek to strengthen their leadership capabilities in non-profit, faith based, business or community organizations. Motivated individuals seeking to complete a graduate degree in a 12-month period will appreciate the evening/weekend/online courses and the rigorous nature of the program.
Ten courses and three thesis seminar sessions (33 credits or intense study) that integrate theoretical and practical knowledge. A values-based leadership model that provides a framework for students as they seek to refine their critical thinking and applied research skills. The opportunity to design and complete an action research study that contributes to positive leadership and organizational change. Tools and processes that enable students to critique their leadership values and skills and to develop their leadership potential.
Several online classes are required. In person classes are held at Nyack, NY and New York City.
Nyack's MBA program is designed specifically for students who wish to work full-time while earning their degree. By choosing the Nyack College MBA program, students benefit from:
- Entrepreneurial Management
Course work prepares students for the workplace with real-world business challenges, taught by faculty with superior academic credentials and a strong background in business.
The MBA program offers locations in Manhattan, Nyack and online.
The MBA program allows you to complete your MBA coursework in as little as 16 months, with classes held in Manhattan two weekday evenings, Nyack on Saturdays, or online.
With an average cohort size of 15 students, the MBA program ensures you receive the personal, hands-on attention you deserve.
The MBA is delivered in a small cohort format providing an outstanding community experience for each student. You will develop deep relationships as you work together in teams, assist each other in completing assignments, and graduate together at the end of the program.
Applicants are required to complete 124 credits to earn Bachelor’s degree in Nursing; 30 credits of professional nursing courses, 34 credits of liberal art courses, 30 credits of math and science courses, and 30 nursing credits transferred for RNs with diploma or associated degrees. The professional nursing courses meet one day a week for 20 months and are conducted in a cohort model. Two nursing courses will be offered in each semester (fall, spring, summer). Each course will be delivered in class with an online course companion that includes discussion and supplemental materials. The program has capstone project along with 45 hours of global perspective practicum. Global service learning opportunities are available.