Student Life in NYC
Bonhoeffer Day during Social Justice Week!
Tuesday, March 14th Nyack College NYC along with The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement and the Nyack College Community Relations Office presented Bonhoeffer Day for Nyack College NYC’s Social Justice Week.
The event began with “The Hiding Audio Experience” brought by The Holocaust Museum and Study Center in Rockland New York. Students were given the opportunity to listen to a audio recording re-creation of polish families hiding from the Nazi’s in Germany in the late thirties and early forties.
The day followed with Mr. Alan Moskin, a eighty-seven year old World War II Vet, who spoke to students about his experiences in World War II fighting the Nazi’s, rescuing prisoners from concentration camps and his life long fight against hatred and biogtry.
The students thoroughly enjoyed Mr. Moskin’s testimony and spent quite a bit of time after his speech spending more time gleaning his wisdom.
That day culminated with the showing of the film “Bonhoeffer”. This film chronicles the life of the young German pacifist and theologian Dietrich Bonhoeffer who resisted the Nazi regime and was hung two weeks before World War II was over.
Bonhoeffer Day was a part of Nyack College’s NYC’s Social Justice week which also included a social justice prayer day and a chapel dedicated to raising awareness of Anti Human Trafficking efforts around the world.
- Passover Seder at Nyack
- KLOVE Radio and Nyack NYC
- In Spring...We Sing...
- Don't Call it a Comeback...
- This is JEOPARDY!
- Many Cultures, One Vision
- The Generous Will be Blessed
- Man of Hate, Man of Love
- Nyack College NYC First Chapel of the Fall 2013 Semester
- Brooklyn Tabernacle Prayer Service for Nyack College NYC
- Nyack College NYC New Student Orientation
- Nyack College NYC Student Leadership Retreat Fall 2013
- Fall New Student Orientation 2013
- Student Government Association Elections
- 2013 Graduate Commissioning Service
- Browse Blog Archive>>