Nyack SWO Hosts VET2MENTOR Event
On Friday, December 6, 2013, VET2MENTOR (Co-Founders, Solange Delmar and John Caraballo – Alumni) along with Students Against Hunger (SAH) co-hosted an event at Nyack College for over 80 teenagers from various detention centers throughout the New York City area. Christmas came early for these teenagers. They dined together, were ministered to thorough music artists, and inspired with messages of hope from soldiers and veterans, and also received gift bags of hope.
The student Social Work Organization (SWO), student body, and alumni were all available to serve the teens and help with the event.
The VET2MENTOR mission: Mentoring, Empowering and Inspiring youth ages 12-18 especially those adjudicated and bringing Soldiers and Veterans together to accomplish the task.
Lives will be changed forever because of this one act of kindness.
- Follow Your Heart :: A MSW Student Shares Her Thoughts
- New Director, MSW Program
- Seminar in Field Instruction (SIFI) Course
- Praxis Forum in Action
- The School of Social Work Launches Juvenile Justice Fellowship Grant
- Alumni Update: Lebeka Shin
- Lobby Advocacy Day Experience by Belinda Lin
- Welcoming Professor Laura Summerhill
- FPWA Advocacy Experience
- School of Social Work Students Attend Student Advocacy Day on the Hill
- NYC Teen Dating Violence Awareness Walk
- Snapshots of Our Emerging Leaders Praxis Forum Dinner
- The Nyack School of Social Work Co-Sponsors Emerging Leaders Praxis Forum Dinner
- Media Contest
- 2009 BSW Graduate: Elaina Wood -- Alumni Spotlight
- Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith
- "Sabbath As Resistance" - October 30, 2014
- Three Upcoming Events - Fall 2014
- New York City Department of Social Work Host Discussion on "The New Jim Crow"
- Nyack SWO Hosts VET2MENTOR Event
- Humphreys and Roland Present at NACSW
- Dr. Lopez-Humphreys Co-Authors Countering the Silence
- Dr. Brian Roland - First Year Faculty Award
- Dr. Yun - 2013 Chair of the Year
- Dr. Lopez-Humphreys Honored for Leadership
- Browse Blog Archive>>