Student Internship Blog
From: An Anonymous student
West Coast. U.S.A.
People seem to be ignoring the fact that good interns get offered jobs. I have a full-time job lined up and just like all the other new hires, was an intern last summer. I probably wouldn't even have gotten an interview if it wasn't for my *unpaid* experience in the same field prior to that. That's why there's so much of an emphasis on getting internships these days. This isn't a job market where you can whimsically apply to places and expect to be hired. You need to prove, among many other things, that you want to be in the industry, know what you're doing, and are qualified. Nothing speaks to that more than actual work experience.
- "From Sea to Shining Sea"
- Congratulations MSOL & MBA Class of 2015!
- Nyack College 2015 Mid-Hudson Regional Business Plan Competition
- IT'S ALL ABOUT WHO YOU KNOW : Blog by Jennifer Cook (Business Major)
- "Promising 1-2-3"
- The Importance of an Internship
- Bud's "RAC" (Read, Absorb, Copy)
- 2014 SBL Hooding Ceremony
- Top 6 Reasons You Never Hear Back after Applying for a Job
- "Bud's Bits" - Interviews and the Social Network
- Internship Advice: From a Professional Career Counselor
- Student Internship Blog
- 2013 SBL Hooding Ceremony
- "Bud's Bits" - Cover Letters & Resumes
- Student Internship Blog - Christopher Lynch
- "Bud's Bits" - Confidence
- "Bud's Bits" - Prepare
- Congratulations Professor Gordon Boronow!
- "Bud's Bits" - Interview Hints
- Faculty Internship Blog: Dr. Gerard Becker
- Student Internship Blog - Emily Wellman
- Student Internship Blog - Jenny Schaller
- Student Internship Blog - Susanna Bicknell 2
- Student Internship Blog - Susanna Bicknell
- Browse Blog Archive>>