Nyack Globetrotters: Winterim 2012
Nyack College faculty and students will be traveling between December 30, 2011 and January 16, 2012 on global service-learning trips. Please keep them in prayer—for safe round trip travel, good health, and transformational experiences.
Mexico: Outreach to Mexico The Business Department and Business Club travels to Cancun to gain exposure to both Mexican and expatriate entrepreneurs and businessmen, serve with local ministries and businesses, and gain experience in a business department venture supporting and developing the services of a Christian bookstore. Faculty Coordinator: Prof. Jim Muckell
Italy: Fine Arts in the City of Venice Fine Arts in the City of Venice is an intensive course offering students the opportunity to visit art museums, galleries, churches, and some music halls of Venice and "the Veneto", or the surrounding areas. Faculty Coordinators: Drs. Dana and Sue Talley
Israel: Geographic & Historical Settings of the Bible This course is a study of the physical, historical and cultural features of the land of the Bible with an emphasis on how those elements influenced and affected settlement, communication, biblical and extra biblical history. It also comprises a focus on historical geography, which is an integration of geography, history, archaeology and toponomy. Preparatory assigned readings and map studies will maximize the student’s learning experience during their travel in Israel. Relevant archaeological, historical, and biblical information will be presented in our field study to integrate the student’s learning experience. Faculty Coordinator: Dr. R. Steven Notley
Philippines: Social Work in Context Students will be engaged in social and community development internationally. This service-learning intensive course confronts the realities of contextual community transformation and provides students with opportunities to study, observe, compare and integrate perspectives and approaches to community and social development. Faculty Coordinators: Dr. Kwi Yun, Dr. David Jennings, Dr. Stephen Maret
Cambodia: Human Trafficking in Southeast Asia Students will study the causes and issues of human trafficking, sex trafficking and child exploitation in Southeast Asia. They will serve in mini-intern roles within International and local NGO’s addressing trafficking issues. Faculty Coordinator: Prof. Scott Reitz
India: Adult Health Alterations In Bangalore, India, the Silicone Valley of the subcontinent Nyack's School of Nursing students will get hands-on experience in a cross-cultural context. They will learn to care for adults experiencing acute and chronic health alterations in one of the finest hospitals in Asia. Faculty Coordinator: Dr. Elizabeth Simon
Click here to learn more about Winterim 2012.
- Remembering Robin Luce
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Browse Blog Archive>>