Nyack Globetrotters: Winterim 2012
Nyack College faculty and students will be traveling between December 30, 2011 and January 16, 2012 on global service-learning trips. Please keep them in prayer—for safe round trip travel, good health, and transformational experiences.
Mexico: Outreach to Mexico The Business Department and Business Club travels to Cancun to gain exposure to both Mexican and expatriate entrepreneurs and businessmen, serve with local ministries and businesses, and gain experience in a business department venture supporting and developing the services of a Christian bookstore. Faculty Coordinator: Prof. Jim Muckell
Italy: Fine Arts in the City of Venice Fine Arts in the City of Venice is an intensive course offering students the opportunity to visit art museums, galleries, churches, and some music halls of Venice and "the Veneto", or the surrounding areas. Faculty Coordinators: Drs. Dana and Sue Talley
Israel: Geographic & Historical Settings of the Bible This course is a study of the physical, historical and cultural features of the land of the Bible with an emphasis on how those elements influenced and affected settlement, communication, biblical and extra biblical history. It also comprises a focus on historical geography, which is an integration of geography, history, archaeology and toponomy. Preparatory assigned readings and map studies will maximize the student’s learning experience during their travel in Israel. Relevant archaeological, historical, and biblical information will be presented in our field study to integrate the student’s learning experience. Faculty Coordinator: Dr. R. Steven Notley
Philippines: Social Work in Context Students will be engaged in social and community development internationally. This service-learning intensive course confronts the realities of contextual community transformation and provides students with opportunities to study, observe, compare and integrate perspectives and approaches to community and social development. Faculty Coordinators: Dr. Kwi Yun, Dr. David Jennings, Dr. Stephen Maret
Cambodia: Human Trafficking in Southeast Asia Students will study the causes and issues of human trafficking, sex trafficking and child exploitation in Southeast Asia. They will serve in mini-intern roles within International and local NGO’s addressing trafficking issues. Faculty Coordinator: Prof. Scott Reitz
India: Adult Health Alterations In Bangalore, India, the Silicone Valley of the subcontinent Nyack's School of Nursing students will get hands-on experience in a cross-cultural context. They will learn to care for adults experiencing acute and chronic health alterations in one of the finest hospitals in Asia. Faculty Coordinator: Dr. Elizabeth Simon
Click here to learn more about Winterim 2012.
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Boxer Donut & Expresso Bar Owned by 2012 Nyack Alumnus, Eric Brown
- Browse Blog Archive>>