Nyack Athletics Hosts Coaches from Rwanda
Ted Quinn, head coach for the Nyack College men's basketball program, is hosting two coaches from Rwanda, Africa. Alexandre Ahishakiye and Jean Paul Mukasa (pictured above with Coach Quinn at a recent practice) are a part of a group of 28 coaches visiting colleges and universities in the United States under the auspices of Athletes in Action (AIA), a Christian sports organization based in Xenia, OH.
The two Rwandan coaches are on the Rockland campus for a twenty-day stay to shadow Coach Quinn and his staff, observing team practices and games. Says Quinn, "I want to thank Eric Nelson, AIA's global sports team director, and I also want to thank the Nyack College administration for making Alexandre and Jean Paul's stay possible. It has really been a great experience for our program and a kingdom-building experience."
- Sept. 10: Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Nyack School of Music Students to Perform at City Hall in Manhattan
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Important Info for Returning Nyack NYC and Rockland Students
- The Independent Sector Highlights Nyack's STEM Education Participation
- Dr. Leonard Kageler Receives YCL "World Changers Award"
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Browse Blog Archive>>