Nyack Athletics Hosts Coaches from Rwanda
Ted Quinn, head coach for the Nyack College men's basketball program, is hosting two coaches from Rwanda, Africa. Alexandre Ahishakiye and Jean Paul Mukasa (pictured above with Coach Quinn at a recent practice) are a part of a group of 28 coaches visiting colleges and universities in the United States under the auspices of Athletes in Action (AIA), a Christian sports organization based in Xenia, OH.
The two Rwandan coaches are on the Rockland campus for a twenty-day stay to shadow Coach Quinn and his staff, observing team practices and games. Says Quinn, "I want to thank Eric Nelson, AIA's global sports team director, and I also want to thank the Nyack College administration for making Alexandre and Jean Paul's stay possible. It has really been a great experience for our program and a kingdom-building experience."
- TODAY: Second Chance to Audition for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Browse Blog Archive>>