THIS WEEKEND: Christmas Concerts At Nyack Rockland and NYC
Come enjoy these programs of sacred and seasonal music with the Nyack College campus community.
NYACK NEW YORK CITY
Sunday, December 4 at 3:00 p.m.
La Hermosa Christian Church
5 West 110th Street, NY, NY
The New York City School of Music Christmas concert will feature the Chorale, Chamber Singers, and the Collegium. Conductors for the event are Dr. Elizabeth Swanson for the Chorale and Chamber Singers, Dr. Sue Talley fpr the Collegium Musicum and Prof. Jhasoa Agosto. Soloists will be vocalists Tammy Rodriguez, Nichole
Costantino, Sheherezade Holman, Anibal Cortez, Andre Rogers, and Cliff Smith, and the oboe duo of Alyssa Mejillo and Shalom Rodriguez. A Spanish selection will also be featured.
Olson Auditorium of Pardington Hall
45 South Blvd., Nyack College
Sunday, December 4, 8:00 p.m.
Carol & Candlelight 2011 will feature Christmas carols and season music performed by the Nyack College Women’s Chorale, Handbell Choir, and Brass Ensemble. The program concludes with a candlelight service, a School of Music tradition since 1948. Dr. Glenn Koponen and Ms. Jennifer Scott are directors. A freewill offering will be received to benefit the Carol & Candlelight Tours.
Saturday, December 10, 8:00 p.m.
A Christmas Concert directed by Professor Joel Jameson showcases the Nyack College Chorale performing a program of traditional lessons and carols. The story of the birth of Christ will be shared in scripture and prayer. Professor Shelley Jameson will reprise her performance of “O Holy Night.” A freewill offering will be received to benefit the Chorale Tour ministry.
For more information visit www.nyack.edu.
- SEPTEMBER 18: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Browse Blog Archive>>