Nationwide Emergency Alert System Test Today
Nyack College Director of Auxiliary Services, Michele Blanck, shares the following announcement.
“Today, Wednesday, November 9, 2001 at 2:00 p.m. the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Department of Homeland Security, and the Federal Communications Commission will conduct the first national test of the Nationwide Emergency Alert System (EAS) test and run concurrently across all time zones.
"This system test is the first of its kind designed to broadcast a nationwide message to the American public. In the history of the country, nothing like it has been conducted on such a level. As you may be aware, there have been tests in the past, but not of this magnitude encompassing all regions of the Nation simultaneously. The test will run for approximately 30 seconds.
"This alert is intended to ensure that no one misinterprets this test as a live occurrence. FEMA's website click here provides more information regarding the test."
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- RELEASE: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement 2015
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Browse Blog Archive>>