Nationwide Emergency Alert System Test Today
Nyack College Director of Auxiliary Services, Michele Blanck, shares the following announcement.
“Today, Wednesday, November 9, 2001 at 2:00 p.m. the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Department of Homeland Security, and the Federal Communications Commission will conduct the first national test of the Nationwide Emergency Alert System (EAS) test and run concurrently across all time zones.
"This system test is the first of its kind designed to broadcast a nationwide message to the American public. In the history of the country, nothing like it has been conducted on such a level. As you may be aware, there have been tests in the past, but not of this magnitude encompassing all regions of the Nation simultaneously. The test will run for approximately 30 seconds.
"This alert is intended to ensure that no one misinterprets this test as a live occurrence. FEMA's website click here provides more information regarding the test."
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- Browse Blog Archive>>