Nyack's Men's Soccer Team: They Are The Champions!
Nyack’s Men’s soccer team did it again! Their 1-0 victory in overtime against Post University makes them the 2011 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference champions for the second time in the past three years they have competed in the conference championship.
"I am absolutely thrilled to win this game and the CACC title. We faced an outstanding Post University team that definitely did not deserve to lose," says Head Coach Keith Davie after the overtime win, "It's extremely great to win this because so many people did not give us much of a shot."
With a season record of 13-5-2, the Warriors are positioned for possible selection for their first national tournament appearance since Nyack became NCAA Division II member in 2004. Tune in at 7:00 p.m to follow the live show airing selections. Goalkeeper Adrian Ibanez, who hails from Buenos Aires, Argentina celebrated his 21st shutout victory as a Nyack Warrior, which ranks him first all-time in CACC history.
Sophomore Felix Horn was named CACC Tournament MVP, after his post season tally of two goals and two assists. The first team all-conference selection, he led the Warriors with 11 goals in 2011. All-Tournament honors went to Marco Likos, Gavin Penny, Mikey Robinson, and Adrian Ibanez.
The campus community salutes Coach Keith Davie, his staff, and their outstanding roster of players!
- Sept. 10: Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Nyack School of Music Students to Perform at City Hall in Manhattan
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Important Info for Returning Nyack NYC and Rockland Students
- The Independent Sector Highlights Nyack's STEM Education Participation
- Dr. Leonard Kageler Receives YCL "World Changers Award"
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Browse Blog Archive>>