Nyack's Men's Soccer Team: They Are The Champions!
Nyack’s Men’s soccer team did it again! Their 1-0 victory in overtime against Post University makes them the 2011 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference champions for the second time in the past three years they have competed in the conference championship.
"I am absolutely thrilled to win this game and the CACC title. We faced an outstanding Post University team that definitely did not deserve to lose," says Head Coach Keith Davie after the overtime win, "It's extremely great to win this because so many people did not give us much of a shot."
With a season record of 13-5-2, the Warriors are positioned for possible selection for their first national tournament appearance since Nyack became NCAA Division II member in 2004. Tune in at 7:00 p.m to follow the live show airing selections. Goalkeeper Adrian Ibanez, who hails from Buenos Aires, Argentina celebrated his 21st shutout victory as a Nyack Warrior, which ranks him first all-time in CACC history.
Sophomore Felix Horn was named CACC Tournament MVP, after his post season tally of two goals and two assists. The first team all-conference selection, he led the Warriors with 11 goals in 2011. All-Tournament honors went to Marco Likos, Gavin Penny, Mikey Robinson, and Adrian Ibanez.
The campus community salutes Coach Keith Davie, his staff, and their outstanding roster of players!
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- The Nations Come to Us: Fukuyama Alliance Church Visits Nyack
- Nyack's Welcome Mat for Hungary
- Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
- Nyack College, A Partner Instructor School for Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
- Nyack Nursing Professor and Student Publish in Journal of Nursing
- Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
- Is Nyack Affordable?
- JUNE 13 & 14: Steinway & Sons Sponsor Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College
- JUNE 11: Nyack's 2014 Golf Classic
- Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
- RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
- Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
- Nyack Campus Community Remembers Ralph G. Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Browse Blog Archive>>