Nyack's Men's Soccer Team: They Are The Champions!
Nyack’s Men’s soccer team did it again! Their 1-0 victory in overtime against Post University makes them the 2011 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference champions for the second time in the past three years they have competed in the conference championship.
"I am absolutely thrilled to win this game and the CACC title. We faced an outstanding Post University team that definitely did not deserve to lose," says Head Coach Keith Davie after the overtime win, "It's extremely great to win this because so many people did not give us much of a shot."
With a season record of 13-5-2, the Warriors are positioned for possible selection for their first national tournament appearance since Nyack became NCAA Division II member in 2004. Tune in at 7:00 p.m to follow the live show airing selections. Goalkeeper Adrian Ibanez, who hails from Buenos Aires, Argentina celebrated his 21st shutout victory as a Nyack Warrior, which ranks him first all-time in CACC history.
Sophomore Felix Horn was named CACC Tournament MVP, after his post season tally of two goals and two assists. The first team all-conference selection, he led the Warriors with 11 goals in 2011. All-Tournament honors went to Marco Likos, Gavin Penny, Mikey Robinson, and Adrian Ibanez.
The campus community salutes Coach Keith Davie, his staff, and their outstanding roster of players!
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- TONIGHT: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- Browse Blog Archive>>