NCATE Accreditation Extension for Nyack
Nyack School of Education dean, Dr. JoAnn Looney (pictured above) announced that the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) completed its on-site visit at Nyack College and will be recommended by the on-site team for extension of accreditation for the next seven years. The official decision will come from NCATE's Unit Accreditation Board in spring 2012.
The site visit team determined that the college meets all six standards, which include candidate knowledge, skills, and professional dispositions; assessment system and unit evaluation; field experiences and clinical practice; diversity; faculty qualifications, performance, and development; and unit governance and resources.
Dr. Looney shared that "preparation for the visit started in the spring of 2008, building on the assessment framework developed by Dr. Ben Schepens, former Nyack School of Education dean and current assistant provost and director of institutional assessment. Since then, faculty, staff, and Assessment /NCATE Coordinator, Kristen Luba, have diligently worked revising curricula, developing or revising new key and common assessments and forging P-12 partnerships."
“We worked closely with the School of Music and with the English, history, and math departments, as well, and we are grateful for their support of our programs. In addition, we have collected data, which were analyzed and used for course or program redesign, moving toward academic excellence. It is a pleasure to work with such a committed group of professionals,” said Dean Looney.
“This three and a half year collaborative effort culminated with a three day-site visit coordinated by Kristen Luba. Her contribution to our success cannot be overstated and we're very grateful for her diligence, her expertise, and her commitment to excellence,” she added.
Dr. Michael G. Scales responded to the news with similar enthusiasm. “This recent accomplishment by our School of Education team and administrators is another important milestone for our campus community to celebrate and a reminder of what a privilege it is to serve with such extraordinary men and women.”
- Brightnie Jones ('09) Moves on as a Top All-Star Vocalist on BET's Sunday Best
- RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
- TBN Segment With Nyack Students Airs on Homelessness in NYC
- Brightnie Jones Back in BET's "Sunday Best" Vocal Competition
- RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
- Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
- Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
- Nursing School Students Volunteer at Walter Hoving Home
- Lauren Lebo, NCAA Division II Lacrosse Champ
- Nyack Manhattan Campus Students on Trinity Broadcasting Network
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- Browse Blog Archive>>