M & T Bank Invests in Nyack College Students
M & T Bank established an endowed scholarship, M & T Bank Minority Scholarship at Nyack College in 2006. They continue to make annual contributions toward the principal of the scholarship earmarked for qualified students. Annual earnings from the endowed scholarship fund have provided scholarships to students ranging from $800- $1200.
Bank officers recently visited the college to present a replica of their 2011 donation to the fund in the amount of $6,000. Pictured above is (l-r) Mrs. Jennifer Kooney, vice president, M&T Bank Commercial Banking; Mrs. Dona Schepens, Nyack College assistant treasurer; Dr. Michael G. Scales, Nyack College president; and Mrs. Paula Mandell, senior vice president and president, Tarrytown Division.
Nyack's 2011-12 scholarship recipient is Kelly Mobley, a second year childhood education major, who is from Spanish Harlem and plans to teach in a low-income community after graduation. She currently mentors children from her neighborhood to help them pursue their goals.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>