M & T Bank Invests in Nyack College Students
M & T Bank established an endowed scholarship, M & T Bank Minority Scholarship at Nyack College in 2006. They continue to make annual contributions toward the principal of the scholarship earmarked for qualified students. Annual earnings from the endowed scholarship fund have provided scholarships to students ranging from $800- $1200.
Bank officers recently visited the college to present a replica of their 2011 donation to the fund in the amount of $6,000. Pictured above is (l-r) Mrs. Jennifer Kooney, vice president, M&T Bank Commercial Banking; Mrs. Dona Schepens, Nyack College assistant treasurer; Dr. Michael G. Scales, Nyack College president; and Mrs. Paula Mandell, senior vice president and president, Tarrytown Division.
Nyack's 2011-12 scholarship recipient is Kelly Mobley, a second year childhood education major, who is from Spanish Harlem and plans to teach in a low-income community after graduation. She currently mentors children from her neighborhood to help them pursue their goals.
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>