M & T Bank Invests in Nyack College Students
M & T Bank established an endowed scholarship, M & T Bank Minority Scholarship at Nyack College in 2006. They continue to make annual contributions toward the principal of the scholarship earmarked for qualified students. Annual earnings from the endowed scholarship fund have provided scholarships to students ranging from $800- $1200.
Bank officers recently visited the college to present a replica of their 2011 donation to the fund in the amount of $6,000. Pictured above is (l-r) Mrs. Jennifer Kooney, vice president, M&T Bank Commercial Banking; Mrs. Dona Schepens, Nyack College assistant treasurer; Dr. Michael G. Scales, Nyack College president; and Mrs. Paula Mandell, senior vice president and president, Tarrytown Division.
Nyack's 2011-12 scholarship recipient is Kelly Mobley, a second year childhood education major, who is from Spanish Harlem and plans to teach in a low-income community after graduation. She currently mentors children from her neighborhood to help them pursue their goals.
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- The Nations Come to Us: Fukuyama Alliance Church Visits Nyack
- Nyack's Welcome Mat for Hungary
- Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
- Nyack College, A Partner Instructor School for Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
- Nyack Nursing Professor and Student Publish in Journal of Nursing
- Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
- Is Nyack Affordable?
- JUNE 13 & 14: Steinway & Sons Sponsor Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College
- JUNE 11: Nyack's 2014 Golf Classic
- Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
- RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
- Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
- Nyack Campus Community Remembers Ralph G. Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Browse Blog Archive>>