M & T Bank Invests in Nyack College Students
M & T Bank established an endowed scholarship, M & T Bank Minority Scholarship at Nyack College in 2006. They continue to make annual contributions toward the principal of the scholarship earmarked for qualified students. Annual earnings from the endowed scholarship fund have provided scholarships to students ranging from $800- $1200.
Bank officers recently visited the college to present a replica of their 2011 donation to the fund in the amount of $6,000. Pictured above is (l-r) Mrs. Jennifer Kooney, vice president, M&T Bank Commercial Banking; Mrs. Dona Schepens, Nyack College assistant treasurer; Dr. Michael G. Scales, Nyack College president; and Mrs. Paula Mandell, senior vice president and president, Tarrytown Division.
Nyack's 2011-12 scholarship recipient is Kelly Mobley, a second year childhood education major, who is from Spanish Harlem and plans to teach in a low-income community after graduation. She currently mentors children from her neighborhood to help them pursue their goals.
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- International Fellowship Day at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled to April 23
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Nyack's "Amazing Race"
- RELEASE: HBO Documentary Features Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica
- Browse Blog Archive>>