Remembering the Life of Don Bubna
The Nyack College community has been informed that our dear friend and Alliance Theological Seminary colleague, Rev. Donald L. Bubna passed away on Saturday evening, September 24, 2011 at his home in Salem, OR. A memorial service will be held on Sunday, October 2 at 4:00 p.m. at Salem Alliance Church, 555 Gaines Street NE.
At Alliance Theological Seminary, he was a part of the pioneering faculty who worked with Dr. Linwood Barney and Dr. Jack Shepherd. He was also the director of internship and an adjunct professor at ATS. A graduate of John Brown University, Dr. Bubna was awarded two honorary doctorates.
For more than five decades, he and his wife Dee served in pastoral ministry and leadership in the Alliance family, most recently with Salem Alliance Church, where he was senior pastor for more than two decades. He was also a pastor-at-large for The Christian and Missionary Alliance and on the Board of Directors of Peacemaker Ministries of Billings, Montana.
Mrs. Bubna has requested that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to two scholarship funds. A scholarship fund is being established at Alliance Theological Seminary in Nyack, NY for children of Alliance pastors and missionaries who are preparing for vocational ministry. For more information on the scholarship support, please contact the Office of Advancement at 1.866.721.7946.
Please pray for the Bubna family: Dee, daughters Lisa and Cindy, son Jeff and their families.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Browse Blog Archive>>