Remembering the Life of Don Bubna
The Nyack College community has been informed that our dear friend and Alliance Theological Seminary colleague, Rev. Donald L. Bubna passed away on Saturday evening, September 24, 2011 at his home in Salem, OR. A memorial service will be held on Sunday, October 2 at 4:00 p.m. at Salem Alliance Church, 555 Gaines Street NE.
At Alliance Theological Seminary, he was a part of the pioneering faculty who worked with Dr. Linwood Barney and Dr. Jack Shepherd. He was also the director of internship and an adjunct professor at ATS. A graduate of John Brown University, Dr. Bubna was awarded two honorary doctorates.
For more than five decades, he and his wife Dee served in pastoral ministry and leadership in the Alliance family, most recently with Salem Alliance Church, where he was senior pastor for more than two decades. He was also a pastor-at-large for The Christian and Missionary Alliance and on the Board of Directors of Peacemaker Ministries of Billings, Montana.
Mrs. Bubna has requested that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to two scholarship funds. A scholarship fund is being established at Alliance Theological Seminary in Nyack, NY for children of Alliance pastors and missionaries who are preparing for vocational ministry. For more information on the scholarship support, please contact the Office of Advancement at 1.866.721.7946.
Please pray for the Bubna family: Dee, daughters Lisa and Cindy, son Jeff and their families.
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Browse Blog Archive>>