Remembering the Life of Don Bubna
The Nyack College community has been informed that our dear friend and Alliance Theological Seminary colleague, Rev. Donald L. Bubna passed away on Saturday evening, September 24, 2011 at his home in Salem, OR. A memorial service will be held on Sunday, October 2 at 4:00 p.m. at Salem Alliance Church, 555 Gaines Street NE.
At Alliance Theological Seminary, he was a part of the pioneering faculty who worked with Dr. Linwood Barney and Dr. Jack Shepherd. He was also the director of internship and an adjunct professor at ATS. A graduate of John Brown University, Dr. Bubna was awarded two honorary doctorates.
For more than five decades, he and his wife Dee served in pastoral ministry and leadership in the Alliance family, most recently with Salem Alliance Church, where he was senior pastor for more than two decades. He was also a pastor-at-large for The Christian and Missionary Alliance and on the Board of Directors of Peacemaker Ministries of Billings, Montana.
Mrs. Bubna has requested that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to two scholarship funds. A scholarship fund is being established at Alliance Theological Seminary in Nyack, NY for children of Alliance pastors and missionaries who are preparing for vocational ministry. For more information on the scholarship support, please contact the Office of Advancement at 1.866.721.7946.
Please pray for the Bubna family: Dee, daughters Lisa and Cindy, son Jeff and their families.
- Sept. 10: Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Nyack School of Music Students to Perform at City Hall in Manhattan
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Important Info for Returning Nyack NYC and Rockland Students
- The Independent Sector Highlights Nyack's STEM Education Participation
- Dr. Leonard Kageler Receives YCL "World Changers Award"
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Browse Blog Archive>>