"Miracle Medicine: Forgiveness"
“Never give up!” Those words could not have come from the mouth of a more convincing speaker than Auschwitz concentration camp survivor, Eva Mozes Kor. Her exhortation was well received by the hushed audience during her recent visit as guest speaker at a Rockland campus chapel service.
Mrs. Kor told how she and her twin sister, Miriam, as children endured the wicked genetic experiments specifically devised for twins by Josef Mengele, known as “the Angel of Death.” After the camp was liberated, Eva and Miriam were in another camp for nearly a year before sent to live with an aunt. As adults, Eva donated a kidney to her sister in 1987. Miriam Mozes passed away in 1993.
In addition to recounting her harrowing experience, Eva Kor shared life lessons with Nyack students, faculty, and staff. Calling forgiveness a “miracle medicine,” the petite blue-eyed woman confirmed the benefits of the antidote that has “no cost and no side effects.”
The author of “Echoes from Auschwitz” is also founder and president of C.A.N.D.L.E.S., an acronym for Children of Auschwitz Nazi Deadly Lab Experiment Survivors. In 1995, she established a Holocaust Museum and Education Center in Terre Haute, Indiana, which was destroyed by arson in 2003. Not long after that tragic hate crime, there a generous outpouring of support for rebuilding the important educational facility.
Concluding her lecture, Mrs. Kor urged students to hug their parents and parents to hug their children in tribute to those who were unable hug their parents or their children because of that blight on human history known as the Holocaust.
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>