ATS/AGSC NYC at New Location
Date: September 2, 2011
To: Students, Faculty, and Staff of ATS and AGSC NYC
From: Dr. Louis Carlo, Associate Dean, ATS/NYC
CC: All Nyack College Faculty and Staff
RE: New Location for ATS/AGSC Fall 2011
Since November 2010, President Scales has asked the campus community and friends of Nyack/ATS to pray and believe God for a “Miracle in Manhattan.” This initiative would help us establish a permanent home for Nyack College--undergraduate programs and graduate programs, including Alliance Theological Seminary in New York City.
Our administration has been working tirelessly to see this vision become a reality. Recently Nyack College entered into negotiations to make “the miracle” happen at the end of the 2011-2012 academic year. Truly God is faithful!
While the degree programs offered at 361 Broadway will continue at that location throughout the upcoming academic year, an immediate change is necessary at our 93 Worth St. address. We have been informed that our Worth St. space will have to be vacated at the beginning of the 2011-2012 school year; that is, September 2011. Temporary space to house our offices and classrooms has been secured at 17 Battery Place South in Manhattan.
A physical move of this magnitude does not come without challenges. In fact, it presents an enormous test and a glorious opportunity for us as a community of faith. I believe that we are equal to the task because of the way God has opened doors and granted favor on our behalf. We will occupy the new temporary space beginning on Tuesday, September 6, 2011 and continue through June 30, 2012. Two classrooms will be located on the second floor, while the remaining classrooms, offices, and computer lab will be located on the 13th floor. Please check your schedule for the assigned classroom space in the new location, additionally; we will have a listing of the classes and accompanying classroom posted on the 2nd and 13th floor.
Our intention is not to marginalize the scope of this move or its impact on faculty, staff and students. Rather, as we look ahead to the growth in our population and the desire to improve accommodations for our New York City campus community, the decision on such a move requires quick and immediate action.
Accessible from four subway stations:
M5 – GW Bridge – South Ferry
M20 – Lincoln Center – South Ferry
Gateway Garage: 345 South End Avenue, 212-321-2345
Cove Club Car Park: 2 South End Avenue, 212-786-0666
River Watch Garage: 70 Battery Place, 212-577-9862
Battery Place Car Park: 50 Battery Place, 212-945-3109
Liberty Court Garage: South End Avenue, 212-766-9762
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Telling the Nyack Story
- Graduation for Fishkill Cohort 905
- Dr. Elaine Chao, Nyack Honorary Degree Recipient, Named to President-elect Trump's Cabinet
- Isa Agape at Nyack College Rockland
- Good Reads in Forum Issue #2
- WNYK Airs Interviews With West Side Story Cast and Crew
- Accreditation for MA in Marriage and Family Therapy at Alliance Graduate School of Counseling
- Thinking of You With a Grateful Heart...
- Preparing for Christmas and Giving Thanks
- Wall Street Journal College Rankings List Puts Nyack Among Top 20 in the U.S. for Campus Environment
- A West Side Story Who's Who
- Nyack Alumna and Author Linda Graf Shares Message on Bitterness
- Final Colloquium in Fall Series Features Film "Inside Man"
- Dr. David Ireland, Nyack Rockland Chapel Speaker
- Nyack Student Stephanie Fisher, a Guest Conductor at Kathleen Battle Event
- School of Music Students Share Joy at Market Street Mission
- Sean Pica of Hudson Link Visits Nyack Students on Rockland Campus
- Career Talk With New York State Trooper at Nyack Rockland
- Nyack Students Among Top Three Presenters at Biology Conference
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Nyack Scholars Symposium
- Thank You for Voting for Josh and Jackie Blanchard!
- The New Forum--The Voice of Nyack College Students
- Faculty Recital: Dr. Tammy Lum, pianist
- HYMNFEST - An Evening of Timeless Praise
- Browse Blog Archive>>