ATS/AGSC NYC at New Location
Date: September 2, 2011
To: Students, Faculty, and Staff of ATS and AGSC NYC
From: Dr. Louis Carlo, Associate Dean, ATS/NYC
CC: All Nyack College Faculty and Staff
RE: New Location for ATS/AGSC Fall 2011
Since November 2010, President Scales has asked the campus community and friends of Nyack/ATS to pray and believe God for a “Miracle in Manhattan.” This initiative would help us establish a permanent home for Nyack College--undergraduate programs and graduate programs, including Alliance Theological Seminary in New York City.
Our administration has been working tirelessly to see this vision become a reality. Recently Nyack College entered into negotiations to make “the miracle” happen at the end of the 2011-2012 academic year. Truly God is faithful!
While the degree programs offered at 361 Broadway will continue at that location throughout the upcoming academic year, an immediate change is necessary at our 93 Worth St. address. We have been informed that our Worth St. space will have to be vacated at the beginning of the 2011-2012 school year; that is, September 2011. Temporary space to house our offices and classrooms has been secured at 17 Battery Place South in Manhattan.
A physical move of this magnitude does not come without challenges. In fact, it presents an enormous test and a glorious opportunity for us as a community of faith. I believe that we are equal to the task because of the way God has opened doors and granted favor on our behalf. We will occupy the new temporary space beginning on Tuesday, September 6, 2011 and continue through June 30, 2012. Two classrooms will be located on the second floor, while the remaining classrooms, offices, and computer lab will be located on the 13th floor. Please check your schedule for the assigned classroom space in the new location, additionally; we will have a listing of the classes and accompanying classroom posted on the 2nd and 13th floor.
Our intention is not to marginalize the scope of this move or its impact on faculty, staff and students. Rather, as we look ahead to the growth in our population and the desire to improve accommodations for our New York City campus community, the decision on such a move requires quick and immediate action.
Accessible from four subway stations:
M5 – GW Bridge – South Ferry
M20 – Lincoln Center – South Ferry
Gateway Garage: 345 South End Avenue, 212-321-2345
Cove Club Car Park: 2 South End Avenue, 212-786-0666
River Watch Garage: 70 Battery Place, 212-577-9862
Battery Place Car Park: 50 Battery Place, 212-945-3109
Liberty Court Garage: South End Avenue, 212-766-9762
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Browse Blog Archive>>