ATS/AGSC NYC at New Location
Date: September 2, 2011
To: Students, Faculty, and Staff of ATS and AGSC NYC
From: Dr. Louis Carlo, Associate Dean, ATS/NYC
CC: All Nyack College Faculty and Staff
RE: New Location for ATS/AGSC Fall 2011
Since November 2010, President Scales has asked the campus community and friends of Nyack/ATS to pray and believe God for a “Miracle in Manhattan.” This initiative would help us establish a permanent home for Nyack College--undergraduate programs and graduate programs, including Alliance Theological Seminary in New York City.
Our administration has been working tirelessly to see this vision become a reality. Recently Nyack College entered into negotiations to make “the miracle” happen at the end of the 2011-2012 academic year. Truly God is faithful!
While the degree programs offered at 361 Broadway will continue at that location throughout the upcoming academic year, an immediate change is necessary at our 93 Worth St. address. We have been informed that our Worth St. space will have to be vacated at the beginning of the 2011-2012 school year; that is, September 2011. Temporary space to house our offices and classrooms has been secured at 17 Battery Place South in Manhattan.
A physical move of this magnitude does not come without challenges. In fact, it presents an enormous test and a glorious opportunity for us as a community of faith. I believe that we are equal to the task because of the way God has opened doors and granted favor on our behalf. We will occupy the new temporary space beginning on Tuesday, September 6, 2011 and continue through June 30, 2012. Two classrooms will be located on the second floor, while the remaining classrooms, offices, and computer lab will be located on the 13th floor. Please check your schedule for the assigned classroom space in the new location, additionally; we will have a listing of the classes and accompanying classroom posted on the 2nd and 13th floor.
Our intention is not to marginalize the scope of this move or its impact on faculty, staff and students. Rather, as we look ahead to the growth in our population and the desire to improve accommodations for our New York City campus community, the decision on such a move requires quick and immediate action.
Accessible from four subway stations:
M5 – GW Bridge – South Ferry
M20 – Lincoln Center – South Ferry
Gateway Garage: 345 South End Avenue, 212-321-2345
Cove Club Car Park: 2 South End Avenue, 212-786-0666
River Watch Garage: 70 Battery Place, 212-577-9862
Battery Place Car Park: 50 Battery Place, 212-945-3109
Liberty Court Garage: South End Avenue, 212-766-9762
- OCT 18: Amasi Trio in Concert
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Browse Blog Archive>>