ATS/AGSC NYC at New Location
Date: September 2, 2011
To: Students, Faculty, and Staff of ATS and AGSC NYC
From: Dr. Louis Carlo, Associate Dean, ATS/NYC
CC: All Nyack College Faculty and Staff
RE: New Location for ATS/AGSC Fall 2011
Since November 2010, President Scales has asked the campus community and friends of Nyack/ATS to pray and believe God for a “Miracle in Manhattan.” This initiative would help us establish a permanent home for Nyack College--undergraduate programs and graduate programs, including Alliance Theological Seminary in New York City.
Our administration has been working tirelessly to see this vision become a reality. Recently Nyack College entered into negotiations to make “the miracle” happen at the end of the 2011-2012 academic year. Truly God is faithful!
While the degree programs offered at 361 Broadway will continue at that location throughout the upcoming academic year, an immediate change is necessary at our 93 Worth St. address. We have been informed that our Worth St. space will have to be vacated at the beginning of the 2011-2012 school year; that is, September 2011. Temporary space to house our offices and classrooms has been secured at 17 Battery Place South in Manhattan.
A physical move of this magnitude does not come without challenges. In fact, it presents an enormous test and a glorious opportunity for us as a community of faith. I believe that we are equal to the task because of the way God has opened doors and granted favor on our behalf. We will occupy the new temporary space beginning on Tuesday, September 6, 2011 and continue through June 30, 2012. Two classrooms will be located on the second floor, while the remaining classrooms, offices, and computer lab will be located on the 13th floor. Please check your schedule for the assigned classroom space in the new location, additionally; we will have a listing of the classes and accompanying classroom posted on the 2nd and 13th floor.
Our intention is not to marginalize the scope of this move or its impact on faculty, staff and students. Rather, as we look ahead to the growth in our population and the desire to improve accommodations for our New York City campus community, the decision on such a move requires quick and immediate action.
Accessible from four subway stations:
M5 – GW Bridge – South Ferry
M20 – Lincoln Center – South Ferry
Gateway Garage: 345 South End Avenue, 212-321-2345
Cove Club Car Park: 2 South End Avenue, 212-786-0666
River Watch Garage: 70 Battery Place, 212-577-9862
Battery Place Car Park: 50 Battery Place, 212-945-3109
Liberty Court Garage: South End Avenue, 212-766-9762
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>