NCAA Names Dr. Scales to Division II Presidents Council
The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has named Dr. Michael Scales to the NCAA Division II Presidents Council, the chief governing body for Division II athletics. The term of his service as a Region 1 representative will expire in January 2017.
The Council's 15-member panel of presidents and leaders ratifies, amends or rescinds actions of the Division II Management Council, develops and approve budgets and expenditures, and implements policies and procedures for the 300 Division II schools nationwide.
Dr. Scales is a board member of The Christian & Missionary Alliance Foundation, Inc. (Shell Point Retirement Community), the largest life care community in Florida. He served as board secretary for the New York State Commission on Indepedent Colleges and Universities (CICU) board of trustees and has also served as chair and vice chair of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universitieies (CCCU) Commission for Advancing Intercultural Competencies.
The Nyack campus community proudly applauds President Scales for this latest achievement.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Browse Blog Archive>>