NCAA Names Dr. Scales to Division II Presidents Council
The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has named Dr. Michael Scales to the NCAA Division II Presidents Council, the chief governing body for Division II athletics. The term of his service as a Region 1 representative will expire in January 2017.
The Council's 15-member panel of presidents and leaders ratifies, amends or rescinds actions of the Division II Management Council, develops and approve budgets and expenditures, and implements policies and procedures for the 300 Division II schools nationwide.
Dr. Scales is a board member of The Christian & Missionary Alliance Foundation, Inc. (Shell Point Retirement Community), the largest life care community in Florida. He served as board secretary for the New York State Commission on Indepedent Colleges and Universities (CICU) board of trustees and has also served as chair and vice chair of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universitieies (CCCU) Commission for Advancing Intercultural Competencies.
The Nyack campus community proudly applauds President Scales for this latest achievement.
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- TODAY: Second Chance to Audition for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Browse Blog Archive>>