Nyack Launches New Center for Christian Scholarship
President Michael G. Scales and his executive team recently announced the fall 2011 unveiling of the new Nyack College Center for Christian Scholarship based on the Rockland County campus in Nyack, NY.
Dr. Vilma Balmaceda (pictured above), an associate professor of political science at Nyack College has been appointed the director of the Center. At the University of Notre Dame, Dr. Balmaceda earned her Ph.D. in political science, as well as an MA in government and international studies and an MA in International peace studies. She received a Licentiate in Law (equivalent of the J.D.) at the Pontifical Catholic University of Peru.
“It is truly a privilege to work with such distinguished men and women at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary, who are published authors, international lecturers, community developers, business professionals, and above all, servant leaders—the perfect standard to be modeled for our students,” says Dr. Balmaceda.
The Center for Christian Scholarship will host the annual Nyack College Scholars Symposium on both the Nyack and Manhattan campuses. The next Symposium will be held at the Rockland campus on September 28, featuring plenary speaker, Dr. Theodore Roosevelt Malloch. (Click here for details).
Other plans include sponsoring conferences, promoting research efforts, inviting scholars from around the world to spend sabbaticals at Nyack and advocating for special initiatives to facilitate relevant idea exchange.
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>