Third Annual Nyack Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker is Dr. Theodore Roosevelt Malloch
Dr. Theodore Roosevelt Malloch will be the featured plenary speaker for the third annual Nyack Scholars Symposium on Wednesday, September 28 on the Rockland County campus of Nyack College. The plenary speech by Dr. Malloch, at 9:00 a.m. in Bowman Gymnasium, will be based on his book and the documentary, Doing Virtuous Business, which examines the secret behind the success of major companies influencing the global economy today. Click here to see a recent interview of Dr. Malloch by Good Business International, Inc. CEO Monika Mitchell.
A recipient of an Alliance Theological Seminary honorary doctor of divinity, Dr. Malloch is an internationally recognized economist, who is also a research professor for the Spiritual Capital Initiative at Yale University's Center for Faith and Culture. Plenary responders will be Mr. Brian Jacks, president of DX Holdings, LLC; Dr. Chuck Stetson, CEO of Essentials in Education; and Dr. Anita Underwood, dean of Nyack's School of Business and Leadership. Emmy-award winning news anchor and motivational speaker, Mr. Julian Phillips will be the plenary moderator.
In two sessions, 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. and 1:30 pm. to 2:45 p.m., Nyack College faculty and several Nyack students will present papers on a wide range of topics at several campus venues. Faculty papers are the result of research grants and include presentations that have been either published or delivered at conferences across the nation and around the world.
The Scholars Symposium is hosted by the Center for Christian Scholarship at Nyack College, which is directed by Dr. Vilma Balmaceda. The Center is a new vehicle for showcasing accomplished and emerging scholars; sponsoring conferences; offering a base for scholars on sabbatical; and facilitating relevant scholarly dialogues.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Isa Agape: A WNYK Interview and Worship & Praise Night Leader
- Browse Blog Archive>>