Nyack College is Proud to Support NBC's Backpacks 4 Kids
Nyack College DC is a sponsor of the community outreach, Backpacks 4 Kids with Washington, DC's NBC4, a local station affiliate. (Click here for more info.) Some 3,000 children in elementary schools in the nation’s capitol will receive backpacks filled with schools supplies as a result of the project.
Every year for the past five years, NBC4 has partnered with CVS Pharmacy to collect donations for the backpacks and supplies. NBC viewers are encouraged to purchase pre-stuffed backpacks, which are delivered to schools during back-to-school assemblies on the opening day of school.
The campaign is held for the entire month of August, which includes an NBC4 telethon on August 16 at the CVS Pharmacy located at 4555 Wisconsin Ave. NW. in DC's Tenleytown from 6:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Live reports and collections will take place throughout the day.
Administrators and staff from the Nyack College DC who represent the college on air will include Dr. Richard Gathro, dean and assistant to the president; Mr. George Hairston, admissions and student development specialist; Mr. Steven Taylor, director of admissions; and Ms. Meredith Duncan, admissions counselor.
To learn more about exciting degree programs and events at Nyack DC, click here.
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- NOV 19: Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- Browse Blog Archive>>