Nyack College is Proud to Support NBC's Backpacks 4 Kids
Nyack College DC is a sponsor of the community outreach, Backpacks 4 Kids with Washington, DC's NBC4, a local station affiliate. (Click here for more info.) Some 3,000 children in elementary schools in the nation’s capitol will receive backpacks filled with schools supplies as a result of the project.
Every year for the past five years, NBC4 has partnered with CVS Pharmacy to collect donations for the backpacks and supplies. NBC viewers are encouraged to purchase pre-stuffed backpacks, which are delivered to schools during back-to-school assemblies on the opening day of school.
The campaign is held for the entire month of August, which includes an NBC4 telethon on August 16 at the CVS Pharmacy located at 4555 Wisconsin Ave. NW. in DC's Tenleytown from 6:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Live reports and collections will take place throughout the day.
Administrators and staff from the Nyack College DC who represent the college on air will include Dr. Richard Gathro, dean and assistant to the president; Mr. George Hairston, admissions and student development specialist; Mr. Steven Taylor, director of admissions; and Ms. Meredith Duncan, admissions counselor.
To learn more about exciting degree programs and events at Nyack DC, click here.
- Nyack's School of Education: National Recognition...Times Nine
- Nyack/ATS Board of Trustees Meets at Battery Park Campus
- NYC Student Government Association Presents Black History Month Showcase
- School of Music Invites Faculty and Staff to Join Chorale Performance
- Nyack Among Local Colleges Offering Scholarships to MLK Oratory Contest Winners
- 2016 New York State Student Aid Advocacy Day
- Rave Review for New Album by Nyack NYC Alumnus Glauco Lima
- Spring Semester 2016 Deeper Life Series With Dr. Stanley John
- Gone Too Soon: Jonathan Perez (NC '09)
- Nyack's School of Social Work and Praxis Connections Partner on Leadership Forums
- Remembering Nyack Professor Emeritus, Dr. Eldon "Woody" Woodcock (1930-2016)
- Empower 2016 Open House
- Rockland County Colleges Partner on a Black History Month MLK Oratory Contest
- Remembering Longtime Nyack Friend, Dr. Susan G. Gordon
- Nyack's Literary Journal, The Fine Print, Announces Submissions Deadline
- January 29-30: Discipleship Conference With Neil Anderson at Nyack
- Nyack School of Music Profs and Alumni in Rockland Camerata Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Pens Book on First C&MA Mission Field
- 2016 Nyack Alumni & Friends Phonathon
- RELEASE: Nyack Receives Education Excellence Award from Beraca Baptist Church
- Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Basketball Teams Visit Upper Nyack Elementary School
- Nyack's Social Justice Celebration--An Important Change
- Dr. Elizabeth Swanson Voted a National Collegiate Choral Organization Officer
- Joseph and Mary of Bethlehem at ATS
- Browse Blog Archive>>