Nyack College is Proud to Support NBC's Backpacks 4 Kids
Nyack College DC is a sponsor of the community outreach, Backpacks 4 Kids with Washington, DC's NBC4, a local station affiliate. (Click here for more info.) Some 3,000 children in elementary schools in the nation’s capitol will receive backpacks filled with schools supplies as a result of the project.
Every year for the past five years, NBC4 has partnered with CVS Pharmacy to collect donations for the backpacks and supplies. NBC viewers are encouraged to purchase pre-stuffed backpacks, which are delivered to schools during back-to-school assemblies on the opening day of school.
The campaign is held for the entire month of August, which includes an NBC4 telethon on August 16 at the CVS Pharmacy located at 4555 Wisconsin Ave. NW. in DC's Tenleytown from 6:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Live reports and collections will take place throughout the day.
Administrators and staff from the Nyack College DC who represent the college on air will include Dr. Richard Gathro, dean and assistant to the president; Mr. George Hairston, admissions and student development specialist; Mr. Steven Taylor, director of admissions; and Ms. Meredith Duncan, admissions counselor.
To learn more about exciting degree programs and events at Nyack DC, click here.
- SEPTEMBER 18: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Browse Blog Archive>>