A Conversation With Visiting Educators from China
Rev. Stanley Kwong, Nyack College/ATS Trustee and Dr. Frank Chan , (pictured above) Associate Dean, College of Bible and Christian Ministry and Biblical and Theological Studies Dept. Head at Nyack College, will host “The Integration of Faith and Learning.” A Conversation With Visiting Educators from China on Tuesday, July 19 at Alliance Theological Seminary, 350 North Highland Avenue in Nyack, NY.
Dr. Denny Lee is founding president of Direct X-Ray, a consulting firm devoted to digital x-ray applications. His Ph.D. in physics is from the University of Houston. He is a member of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine and the Society of Photographic and Imaging Engineering and is credited with thirty-two US patents. He lives in Philadelphia, PA, where he is a visiting researcher at the University of Pennsylvania. He has lectured in many settings on the relationship between the Christian faith and modern science.
Lily Lee, Th.M. was for fifteen years the chair of the executive board of Chinese Christian Herald Crusade, during which time she founded three orphanages in China (with a fourth in the planning). She is currently the founder and chair of Garden of Hope, a non-profit organization serving victims of domestic violence. She is also founder and chair of Fullness in Christ Fellowship, which is building homes and centers for victims of sexual trafficking in Cambodia. She received her Th.M. from Westminster Theological Seminary and is the co-author of two books. She lives in Philadelphia, PA and has taught at Messiah College.
Dr. Vilma “Nina” Balmaceda is associate professor of political science at Nyack College. Born and raised in Lima, Peru, Nina earned her law degree at the Pontifical Catholic University of Peru (PUCP). After pursuing graduate studies in the US as a Fulbright scholar, Nina taught part time at PUCP Law School, and worked in the human rights field. She holds master’s degrees in International Peace Studies, and in Government Studies, as well as a Ph.D. in Political Science from the U. of Notre Dame. Founder and former president of the Christian Legal Society of Peru and of the Latin American Christian Lawyers Network (RLAAC), Nina is currently a board member of Advocates International, Inc., of RLAAC, and an advisory board member of Nyack College’s Institute for Public Service and Policy Development in Washington, DC.
Dr. Zhongxin Wang is president of the Chinese Christian Scholars Association in North America and is research fellow at the Center for Global Christianity and Mission at Boston University. His Th.D. in church history is also from Boston University. Dr. Wang taught Christianity at Peking University from 1986-1992 and has guest lectured at over a dozen universities in China.
- YouVersion Founder Bobby Gruenewald Calls Nyack/ATS Grads World Changers
- Nyack Student Government Recognizes Campus Leaders
- Commencement Guests Share Appreciation for Nyack's Mission
- Celebrating Commencement 2016
- Parents of Youth 7-18! Check Out Summer Sports Camps at Nyack
- Zahir Edwards (1996-2016)...President Scales Pays Tribute to a Nyack Warrior
- Nyack Represented at Education Financing Forum
- Nyack Students and Faculty Perform in Musikabend
- Meet Dr. Peter Park at the World Science Festival's Great Fish Count
- Nyack's 2016 Year-End Faculty/Staff Luncheon and Awards
- Nyack College 2016 Honorary Degree Recipient Featured in "The Village"
- The 2016 Celebration of Woman
- Nyack NYC School of Music Profs and Student in Jazz on the Plaza!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement at the Westchester County Center
- Meet Nyack's 2016 Valedictorians!
- Battery Park Campus Now Owned by Nyack College
- A Celebration of Pentecost at Bedford Community Church
- Dr. David Ireland, Rockland County Day of Prayer Keynote Speaker
- Just Released! The Fine Print 2016
- Celebrating Nyack Honor Society Students
- Last Weekend Performances of Mozart's "The Magic Flute"
- West Side Story in Lower Manhattan
- Nyack Doing Community Well: Loving Our Neighbor
- Nyack's Inaugural Social Work Graduate Research Colloquium
- PRAXIS Connections Dinner for Emerging Leaders at Nyack NYC
- Browse Blog Archive>>