A Conversation With Visiting Educators from China
Rev. Stanley Kwong, Nyack College/ATS Trustee and Dr. Frank Chan , (pictured above) Associate Dean, College of Bible and Christian Ministry and Biblical and Theological Studies Dept. Head at Nyack College, will host “The Integration of Faith and Learning.” A Conversation With Visiting Educators from China on Tuesday, July 19 at Alliance Theological Seminary, 350 North Highland Avenue in Nyack, NY.
Dr. Denny Lee is founding president of Direct X-Ray, a consulting firm devoted to digital x-ray applications. His Ph.D. in physics is from the University of Houston. He is a member of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine and the Society of Photographic and Imaging Engineering and is credited with thirty-two US patents. He lives in Philadelphia, PA, where he is a visiting researcher at the University of Pennsylvania. He has lectured in many settings on the relationship between the Christian faith and modern science.
Lily Lee, Th.M. was for fifteen years the chair of the executive board of Chinese Christian Herald Crusade, during which time she founded three orphanages in China (with a fourth in the planning). She is currently the founder and chair of Garden of Hope, a non-profit organization serving victims of domestic violence. She is also founder and chair of Fullness in Christ Fellowship, which is building homes and centers for victims of sexual trafficking in Cambodia. She received her Th.M. from Westminster Theological Seminary and is the co-author of two books. She lives in Philadelphia, PA and has taught at Messiah College.
Dr. Vilma “Nina” Balmaceda is associate professor of political science at Nyack College. Born and raised in Lima, Peru, Nina earned her law degree at the Pontifical Catholic University of Peru (PUCP). After pursuing graduate studies in the US as a Fulbright scholar, Nina taught part time at PUCP Law School, and worked in the human rights field. She holds master’s degrees in International Peace Studies, and in Government Studies, as well as a Ph.D. in Political Science from the U. of Notre Dame. Founder and former president of the Christian Legal Society of Peru and of the Latin American Christian Lawyers Network (RLAAC), Nina is currently a board member of Advocates International, Inc., of RLAAC, and an advisory board member of Nyack College’s Institute for Public Service and Policy Development in Washington, DC.
Dr. Zhongxin Wang is president of the Chinese Christian Scholars Association in North America and is research fellow at the Center for Global Christianity and Mission at Boston University. His Th.D. in church history is also from Boston University. Dr. Wang taught Christianity at Peking University from 1986-1992 and has guest lectured at over a dozen universities in China.
- TONIGHT! --Velocity Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Browse Blog Archive>>