Dr. Samuel G. Ferrell, Sr., a 1951 Alumnus Remembered
A full life of service was celebrated on July 2, 2011 at Christ Community Church of Fort Myers, FL, when family and friends gathered to remember the late Dr. Samuel G. Ferrell, Sr. who passed away on June 30 at Hope Hospice in Cape Coral, FL.
Dr. Ferrell was an alumnus of Nyack College, earning a ThB degree in 1949 and later completing two post graduate programs there by 1951.
The Miami, FL native, born on July 9, 1927, became a Christian at the Miami Gospel Tabernacle when Dr. T.G. Mangham, Sr. was pastor. Under the preaching of Rev. Gustave Woerner, Sam Ferrell responded to the call to Christian ministry at Lake Swan Camp in 1945.
He and his wife, Dona, were married on August 26, 1949 at the Gospel Tabernacle in Erie, PA. The Ferrells would become the parents of two children, five grandchildren, and three great grandchildren.
Their life together would be spent serving in several pastorates and in missions work. The legacy of Dr. Ferrell includes his work as a Youth for Christ director, Bible conference director, youth camp director, district church growth planter, home missionary, tour director and church and missions consultant.
In his latter years, he served as Minister-at-Large for Missions and Evangelism for the Bahama Islands for The Christian and Missionary Alliance.
What greater legacy could a saint leave than to complete his final day on earth by feeding God's sheep, which Dr. Ferrell had done on the Sunday morning of his passing.
No doubt he was welcomed into heaven with the words, "Well done, thy good and faithful servant."
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Get Nyack Warrior Gear Online Until September 30
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- Browse Blog Archive>>