Dr. Samuel G. Ferrell, Sr., a 1951 Alumnus Remembered
A full life of service was celebrated on July 2, 2011 at Christ Community Church of Fort Myers, FL, when family and friends gathered to remember the late Dr. Samuel G. Ferrell, Sr. who passed away on June 30 at Hope Hospice in Cape Coral, FL.
Dr. Ferrell was an alumnus of Nyack College, earning a ThB degree in 1949 and later completing two post graduate programs there by 1951.
The Miami, FL native, born on July 9, 1927, became a Christian at the Miami Gospel Tabernacle when Dr. T.G. Mangham, Sr. was pastor. Under the preaching of Rev. Gustave Woerner, Sam Ferrell responded to the call to Christian ministry at Lake Swan Camp in 1945.
He and his wife, Dona, were married on August 26, 1949 at the Gospel Tabernacle in Erie, PA. The Ferrells would become the parents of two children, five grandchildren, and three great grandchildren.
Their life together would be spent serving in several pastorates and in missions work. The legacy of Dr. Ferrell includes his work as a Youth for Christ director, Bible conference director, youth camp director, district church growth planter, home missionary, tour director and church and missions consultant.
In his latter years, he served as Minister-at-Large for Missions and Evangelism for the Bahama Islands for The Christian and Missionary Alliance.
What greater legacy could a saint leave than to complete his final day on earth by feeding God's sheep, which Dr. Ferrell had done on the Sunday morning of his passing.
No doubt he was welcomed into heaven with the words, "Well done, thy good and faithful servant."
- FEB 21: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Browse Blog Archive>>