Two New Degree Programs Coming to Nyack
Dr. David F. Turk, Nyack College provost and vice president for academic affairs, (pictured above) announced that two new degree programs have been approved by the New York State Education Department.
The Bachelor of Science in Music and Worship is a four-year program designed to train musicians for leadership positions in the church and community as music worship leaders, keyboardists and instrumentalists, choir directors, sound and recording engineers, and songwriters. The course of study includes specialized training in contemporary worship music, studio recording, composition, and arranging, as well as biblical studies which help support and develop the character and spirituality of an effective worship leader. An audition is required. Prospective students must prepare two pieces of their choice demonstrating readiness to enter a college music degree program. For more information Nyack’s new music degree program, contact Dinesh Mahtani, director of admissions at Nyack Rockland at email@example.com.
The School of Business and Leadership will offer an MBA degree program fully online. The Master of Business Administration will ensure that the distance learning offering will meet the same academic standards and requirements as the on-campus program by using the same student learning goals, textbooks, as well as the same course requirements offered in the traditional program. For more information, contact Dr. Jerry Becker, MBA program director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The music degree will be offered at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City beginning fall 2011. The online MBA degree will launch in January 2012.
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Browse Blog Archive>>