Two New Degree Programs Coming to Nyack
Dr. David F. Turk, Nyack College provost and vice president for academic affairs, (pictured above) announced that two new degree programs have been approved by the New York State Education Department.
The Bachelor of Science in Music and Worship is a four-year program designed to train musicians for leadership positions in the church and community as music worship leaders, keyboardists and instrumentalists, choir directors, sound and recording engineers, and songwriters. The course of study includes specialized training in contemporary worship music, studio recording, composition, and arranging, as well as biblical studies which help support and develop the character and spirituality of an effective worship leader. An audition is required. Prospective students must prepare two pieces of their choice demonstrating readiness to enter a college music degree program. For more information Nyack’s new music degree program, contact Dinesh Mahtani, director of admissions at Nyack Rockland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School of Business and Leadership will offer an MBA degree program fully online. The Master of Business Administration will ensure that the distance learning offering will meet the same academic standards and requirements as the on-campus program by using the same student learning goals, textbooks, as well as the same course requirements offered in the traditional program. For more information, contact Dr. Jerry Becker, MBA program director at email@example.com.
The music degree will be offered at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City beginning fall 2011. The online MBA degree will launch in January 2012.
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Browse Blog Archive>>