Remembering Dr. Ruth Rambo
Dr. Ruth C. Rambo, a Nyack College alumna, passed away on May 19, 2011. She was the wife of Dr. David Rambo, former Nyack/ATS president, who was also the eighth president of The Christian and Missionary Alliance.
She was in the intensive care unit of Florida Hospital in Orlando due to cardiac failure following a brief illness. On Monday, June 27 a memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. at First Alliance Church Orlando, 3800 Lake Underhill Road, Orlando, FL 32804.
Dr. Rambo received her B.S. degree at Nyack in 1960 and the D.Min. from Asbury Theological Seminary in 1996. Two trees will be planted in honor--one on the grounds of Alliance Theological Seminary in Nyack, NY and the other at Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, KY.
It was Dr. Rambo’s expressed wish that in lieu of flowers, contributions be made to a scholarship for women pursuing graduate theological education in the area of spiritual formation be established. Gifts to the fund may be made in the form of checks payable to the Advancement Office, Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary, c/o Ruth C. Rambo Memorial Scholarship Fund, 1 South Blvd., Nyack NY 10960.
Please keep President Emeritus Rambo and his family in your prayers.
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- The Nations Come to Us: Fukuyama Alliance Church Visits Nyack
- Nyack's Welcome Mat for Hungary
- Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
- Nyack College, A Partner Instructor School for Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
- Nyack Nursing Professor and Student Publish in Journal of Nursing
- Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
- Is Nyack Affordable?
- JUNE 13 & 14: Steinway & Sons Sponsor Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College
- JUNE 11: Nyack's 2014 Golf Classic
- Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
- RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
- Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
- Nyack Campus Community Remembers Ralph G. Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Browse Blog Archive>>