Nyack College: A Cancer Society Relay for Life Host
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Wednesday March 23, 2011
On Friday, March 25, Nyack College will co-host the seventh annual American Cancer Society (ACS) College Relay for Life. Dominican College, SUNY Rockland Community College, and St. Thomas Aquinas College will again join forces with Nyack in the fight against cancer and the advocacy for research. The event will be held in the Hennessy Center at Dominican College located at 470 Western Highway, Orangeburg, NY from 6:00 p.m. until midnight. To form a team and become one of the more than 40 existing teams or to make a donation online, please click here.
The ACS College Relay for Life is an event that gives teams of college students, co-workers, families, and friends the opportunity to support each other while raising funds and awareness to fight cancer. This year's ACS College Relay for Life is being dedicated to the memory of Lawrence D. Carrington, Sr. "Larry" is the father of Felicia Carrington, a Nyack College senior.
Lead by captain Chantal Parmley, Nyack's team members are Teresa Carrington, Wayne Carrington, Thressa DaSilva, Ariel Goldsmith, Rachel Hammar, Corey Haye, Joseph Oliver, Christopher Smith, Erin Smithers, and Jodel Wright.
If you are interested in attending Relay for Life, van shuttles will leave Boon Campus Center beginning at 5:30 p.m. and will continue until 6:30 p.m. Return trips to campus will begin after the event has ended. For more information, contact Christopher Smith, Coordinator of Student Activities at 845.675.4788.
- OCT 18: Amasi Trio in Concert
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Browse Blog Archive>>