Nyack College: A Cancer Society Relay for Life Host
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Wednesday March 23, 2011
On Friday, March 25, Nyack College will co-host the seventh annual American Cancer Society (ACS) College Relay for Life. Dominican College, SUNY Rockland Community College, and St. Thomas Aquinas College will again join forces with Nyack in the fight against cancer and the advocacy for research. The event will be held in the Hennessy Center at Dominican College located at 470 Western Highway, Orangeburg, NY from 6:00 p.m. until midnight. To form a team and become one of the more than 40 existing teams or to make a donation online, please click here.
The ACS College Relay for Life is an event that gives teams of college students, co-workers, families, and friends the opportunity to support each other while raising funds and awareness to fight cancer. This year's ACS College Relay for Life is being dedicated to the memory of Lawrence D. Carrington, Sr. "Larry" is the father of Felicia Carrington, a Nyack College senior.
Lead by captain Chantal Parmley, Nyack's team members are Teresa Carrington, Wayne Carrington, Thressa DaSilva, Ariel Goldsmith, Rachel Hammar, Corey Haye, Joseph Oliver, Christopher Smith, Erin Smithers, and Jodel Wright.
If you are interested in attending Relay for Life, van shuttles will leave Boon Campus Center beginning at 5:30 p.m. and will continue until 6:30 p.m. Return trips to campus will begin after the event has ended. For more information, contact Christopher Smith, Coordinator of Student Activities at 845.675.4788.
- Nyack College Golf Class Return to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Director of Ensemble Is a Nominee for Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Browse Blog Archive>>