Women's History Month Spotlight: Nyack's Dr. Jackie Washington
Dr. Jacqueline Washington, chair of Nyack's Department of Biology and Chemistry, co-edited the newly released 9th edition of The Student Interactive Workbook for Cecie Starr and Beverly McMillan's Human Biology published by Cengage Learning (March 2011).
In addition to being elected to the editorial board as a reviewer of the Journal of Microbiology & Biology Education (JMBE), Dr. Washington (pictured above in lab coat with her biology class) has also been selected to participate in the 2011-2012 Biology Scholars Program Transitions Residency at the American Society for Microbiology (ASM) headquarters in Washington, DC. This segment of the program targets biologists who are transitioning from science education research to science education publishing. The program emphasizes organizing and presenting findings for publication.
The goal of the ASM Biology Scholars Program is for biologists "to employ rigorous evaluations of their own teaching with the goal of publishing results demonstrating improved student learning in the laboratory or classroom and leading colleagues in national efforts to sustain undergraduate biology education reform."
The campus community congratulates Dr. Washington!
- RELEASE: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement 2015
- Spotlight on Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- The Beat Goes On...Even at Intermission
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Nyack Says Thank You to Community Sponsors
- Nyack...We're Here to Serve!
- Broken To Minister CD Launch Event at NYC Campus
- Browse Blog Archive>>