Women's History Month Spotlight: Nyack's Dr. Jackie Washington
Dr. Jacqueline Washington, chair of Nyack's Department of Biology and Chemistry, co-edited the newly released 9th edition of The Student Interactive Workbook for Cecie Starr and Beverly McMillan's Human Biology published by Cengage Learning (March 2011).
In addition to being elected to the editorial board as a reviewer of the Journal of Microbiology & Biology Education (JMBE), Dr. Washington (pictured above in lab coat with her biology class) has also been selected to participate in the 2011-2012 Biology Scholars Program Transitions Residency at the American Society for Microbiology (ASM) headquarters in Washington, DC. This segment of the program targets biologists who are transitioning from science education research to science education publishing. The program emphasizes organizing and presenting findings for publication.
The goal of the ASM Biology Scholars Program is for biologists "to employ rigorous evaluations of their own teaching with the goal of publishing results demonstrating improved student learning in the laboratory or classroom and leading colleagues in national efforts to sustain undergraduate biology education reform."
The campus community congratulates Dr. Washington!
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>