The Ellenberger Stories: Featuring ATS 50th Anniversary Banquet Honorees
When the 50th anniversary of Alliance Theological Seminary was celebrated at The View in Piermont, NY last month, five decades of history filled the room. The gathering drew retired, former, and current faculty and staff from the Rockland and New York City ATS campuses and nationwide came to Rockland County, as did alumni and friends of the seminary. It was a time to rejoice over what God has done in and through the seminary since its inception as the Jaffray School of Missions in 1960.
The new "Barney-Shepherd Lifetime Achievement in Ministry Award" was presented to Dr. John and Mrs. Helen Ellenberger. The award, named for the seminary's first faculty, Dr. Linwood Barney and Dr. Jack Shepherd, acknowledged the servant-leadership of this distinguished couple. They are a part of a family that represents five generations of some 25 students who are alumni dating back to the days of the Missionary Training Institute through today's Nyack College.
On Wednesday, March 9 from 5:10 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. in the ATS Library at 350 North Highland Ave. in Nyack, the Ellenbergers will share stories about their service nationwide and around the world. Come and be inspired by how their God-honoring lives have touched so many others.
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- The Nations Come to Us: Fukuyama Alliance Church Visits Nyack
- Nyack's Welcome Mat for Hungary
- Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
- Nyack College, A Partner Instructor School for Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
- Nyack Nursing Professor and Student Publish in Journal of Nursing
- Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
- Is Nyack Affordable?
- JUNE 13 & 14: Steinway & Sons Sponsor Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College
- JUNE 11: Nyack's 2014 Golf Classic
- Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
- RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
- Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
- Nyack Campus Community Remembers Ralph G. Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Browse Blog Archive>>