The Ellenberger Stories: Featuring ATS 50th Anniversary Banquet Honorees
When the 50th anniversary of Alliance Theological Seminary was celebrated at The View in Piermont, NY last month, five decades of history filled the room. The gathering drew retired, former, and current faculty and staff from the Rockland and New York City ATS campuses and nationwide came to Rockland County, as did alumni and friends of the seminary. It was a time to rejoice over what God has done in and through the seminary since its inception as the Jaffray School of Missions in 1960.
The new "Barney-Shepherd Lifetime Achievement in Ministry Award" was presented to Dr. John and Mrs. Helen Ellenberger. The award, named for the seminary's first faculty, Dr. Linwood Barney and Dr. Jack Shepherd, acknowledged the servant-leadership of this distinguished couple. They are a part of a family that represents five generations of some 25 students who are alumni dating back to the days of the Missionary Training Institute through today's Nyack College.
On Wednesday, March 9 from 5:10 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. in the ATS Library at 350 North Highland Ave. in Nyack, the Ellenbergers will share stories about their service nationwide and around the world. Come and be inspired by how their God-honoring lives have touched so many others.
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- RELEASE: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement 2015
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Browse Blog Archive>>