Nyack College Among NY State Advocates for Student Aid
Nyack College students were among the more than 1,200 young men and women from high schools and colleges joined by faculty and staff at the Legislative Office Building in Albany, NY on Tuesday, February 8 for New York Student Aid Alliance Advocacy Day.
This forum allowed participants to voice their opinions on the value of state student aid programs, including the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP), Grad TAP, the Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP), the Science and Technology Entry programs, (STEP/C-STEP), and the Liberty Partnerships Program.
Among the Nyack College advocates were Executive Director of Community Relations Earl Miller, along with Nathaniel Perez, Dashara Carter, Abraham Thomas, Todd Vester, Timothy Compere, Geraldine Villatoro, Edwin Soto, Patrick Almonor, Eric Thompson, Roosevelt Smith, Jonathan Moses, and David Victor. The group spent time with newly elected New York State Senator David Carlucci and Rockland Assemblywoman Ellen Jaffee (pictured above with Nyack students (1-r: Edwin Soto, Dashara Carter and Geraldine Villatoro).
Sheila C. Seery, Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities Vice President for Research and State and Local Relations, emailed the Nyack students with this comment: "It was great meeting you and getting to chat with you. Hearing your stories and your plans for the future is so uplifting. I am blessed to advocate for such a worthy cause."
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>