Nyack College Among NY State Advocates for Student Aid
Nyack College students were among the more than 1,200 young men and women from high schools and colleges joined by faculty and staff at the Legislative Office Building in Albany, NY on Tuesday, February 8 for New York Student Aid Alliance Advocacy Day.
This forum allowed participants to voice their opinions on the value of state student aid programs, including the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP), Grad TAP, the Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP), the Science and Technology Entry programs, (STEP/C-STEP), and the Liberty Partnerships Program.
Among the Nyack College advocates were Executive Director of Community Relations Earl Miller, along with Nathaniel Perez, Dashara Carter, Abraham Thomas, Todd Vester, Timothy Compere, Geraldine Villatoro, Edwin Soto, Patrick Almonor, Eric Thompson, Roosevelt Smith, Jonathan Moses, and David Victor. The group spent time with newly elected New York State Senator David Carlucci and Rockland Assemblywoman Ellen Jaffee (pictured above with Nyack students (1-r: Edwin Soto, Dashara Carter and Geraldine Villatoro).
Sheila C. Seery, Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities Vice President for Research and State and Local Relations, emailed the Nyack students with this comment: "It was great meeting you and getting to chat with you. Hearing your stories and your plans for the future is so uplifting. I am blessed to advocate for such a worthy cause."
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>