Nyack College Among NY State Advocates for Student Aid
Nyack College students were among the more than 1,200 young men and women from high schools and colleges joined by faculty and staff at the Legislative Office Building in Albany, NY on Tuesday, February 8 for New York Student Aid Alliance Advocacy Day.
This forum allowed participants to voice their opinions on the value of state student aid programs, including the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP), Grad TAP, the Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP), the Science and Technology Entry programs, (STEP/C-STEP), and the Liberty Partnerships Program.
Among the Nyack College advocates were Executive Director of Community Relations Earl Miller, along with Nathaniel Perez, Dashara Carter, Abraham Thomas, Todd Vester, Timothy Compere, Geraldine Villatoro, Edwin Soto, Patrick Almonor, Eric Thompson, Roosevelt Smith, Jonathan Moses, and David Victor. The group spent time with newly elected New York State Senator David Carlucci and Rockland Assemblywoman Ellen Jaffee (pictured above with Nyack students (1-r: Edwin Soto, Dashara Carter and Geraldine Villatoro).
Sheila C. Seery, Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities Vice President for Research and State and Local Relations, emailed the Nyack students with this comment: "It was great meeting you and getting to chat with you. Hearing your stories and your plans for the future is so uplifting. I am blessed to advocate for such a worthy cause."
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>