Nyack Celebrates Black History Month
Black History Month is being celebrated campuswide on Nyack's New York campuses.
The Office of Student Activities will host special film nights followed by a discussion on the following Thursdays at 9:15 p.m. in the Hudson/Palisades Room:
February 10 - The Great Debaters
February 17 - Waiting for Superman
February 24 - A Raisin in the Sun
A Night of Tribute
Sunday, February 20, 2011, 7:30 p.m.-9:15 p.m. in Pardington Hall. A tribute to those who paved the way for people of African descent all over the world--in music, art, poetry, and dance.
Nyack's Got Talent!
Saturday, February 26, 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Pardington Hall. An evening of entertainment showcasing Nyack student dancers, singers, poets, and steppers, who will compete for a grand prize. For more information about Rockland campus events, contact Christopher Smith, coordinator of student activities at email@example.com or at 845.675.4788.
IN MANHATTAN, 361 Broadway
On Friday, February 25, 2011 at the Manhattan campus, the Office of Student Development will host, "A Celebration of Achievements in Education and the Arts.
The event will be held at 3:00 p.m. in Room B200. Four faculty/staff members will be honored for their outstanding contributions to the campus community and for their professional accomplishments. The tribute will include a slideshow created by students to express the impact these individuals have had on their lives.
"New Sound," Nyack's gospel choir, will perform in addition to other student presentations in the genres of poetry, music, and dance.
Light refreshments will be served following the program in New York City. For more information, please contact Charles Hammond, associate dean of students by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 646.378.6131.
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- Browse Blog Archive>>