December 1 Memorial Service for Anne Jackson
November has been a season of sadness for Nyack College, but well-lived lives are also a cause for celebration.
On Wednesday, December 1, the campus community will pay tribute to Nyack senior, Anne Elisabeth Jackson, who passed away on November 17. A memorial service will be held at 10:10 a.m. in Pardington Hall on the Rockland County campus for the 21-year-old Cheektowaga, NY resident.
Blessed with a beautiful voice, her performances in Nyack's School of Music productions included La Boheme, Suor Angelica, La Traviata, and Gianni Schicchi. The music education major with a 3.97 GPA was also a Music Theory and Ear Training tutor, president of the Nyack Chorale, a member of Carol and Candlelight, and the second place winner in Nyack's Invitational Scholarship Competition for voice. She was also president of MENC, the National Association for Music Education, an arts education organization. The scholar athlete, a member of the Lady Warriors cross country team, was known for her winning smile, which reflected her gift for encouraging others.
During this service of recalling fond memories, the Jackson family will be surrounded by the love of Anne's friends and classmates, as well as administrators, faculty, and staff.
Regularly scheduled chapel has been cancelled with all students receiving a chapel credit. Classes following the service will resume at 12:10 p.m.
- TODAY: The Amasi Trio Concert at 12:30 PM
- Emerging Technology Students Showcased in Spring Show
- Rockland Chapter of Alpha Chi National Honor Society Adds Nyack College Students
- Nyack/ATS Commencement Ceremony Will Be Streamed Live at www.nyack.edu
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Browse Blog Archive>>