December 1 Memorial Service for Anne Jackson
November has been a season of sadness for Nyack College, but well-lived lives are also a cause for celebration.
On Wednesday, December 1, the campus community will pay tribute to Nyack senior, Anne Elisabeth Jackson, who passed away on November 17. A memorial service will be held at 10:10 a.m. in Pardington Hall on the Rockland County campus for the 21-year-old Cheektowaga, NY resident.
Blessed with a beautiful voice, her performances in Nyack's School of Music productions included La Boheme, Suor Angelica, La Traviata, and Gianni Schicchi. The music education major with a 3.97 GPA was also a Music Theory and Ear Training tutor, president of the Nyack Chorale, a member of Carol and Candlelight, and the second place winner in Nyack's Invitational Scholarship Competition for voice. She was also president of MENC, the National Association for Music Education, an arts education organization. The scholar athlete, a member of the Lady Warriors cross country team, was known for her winning smile, which reflected her gift for encouraging others.
During this service of recalling fond memories, the Jackson family will be surrounded by the love of Anne's friends and classmates, as well as administrators, faculty, and staff.
Regularly scheduled chapel has been cancelled with all students receiving a chapel credit. Classes following the service will resume at 12:10 p.m.
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- NOV 19: Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- Browse Blog Archive>>