At Home With Jesus: Music Ed Senior Anne Jackson
Another unexpected tragedy struck Nyack College as the campus community learned of the passing last evening of senior music education student, Anne Elisabeth Jackson. An extraordinary student with a 3.97 GPA, Anne was also a member of the college’s cross country team. Known to have “the voice of an angel,” she was an avid fan of opera.
Grief counseling will be available in the Counseling Center and Student Development Office suite in Boon Campus Center on the Rockland campus throughout the day. A special prayer service will be held this evening from 7-9 p.m. in Pardington Hall.
President Michael G. Scales, numbed by the second campus loss within two weeks, shared, “We recently paid tribute to the late Dr. Paul Siu, our seminary professor, who dedicated his life to serving others and exalting Jesus Christ. Comments from faculty and students who knew Anne indicate that she, too, displayed Christ’s passion for others. Our hearts are deeply saddened.”
Please keep Anne’s parents and sisters in your prayers. When details on arrangements are finalized, information will be shared with the campus community.
A scholarship fund in Anne's memory has been established. Checks should be made payable to Nyack College with a notation that the gift be allocated to the Anne Jackson Memorial Fund.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>