Remembering Dr. Paul Siu: Celebration Updates
"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his faithful servants." (Psalm 116:15)
The Alliance Theological Seminary campus is saddened by the sudden passing of an extraordinary leader and scholar, Dr. Paul Siu, ATS professor of theology.
Responding to the unexpected death, Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary President, Dr. Michael G. Scales made the following statement:
"This is a devastating loss to the institution and to me personally. I will miss Paul terribly. His academic scholarship was only eclipsed by his passion for God and his family. Countless numbers of people in whom he invested will also celebrate Paul's life.
"He loved God and he loved people! Anyone in Paul's presence knew they were in the presence of a true follower of Jesus. His students were challenged academically and spiritually. He was a friend and a brother to all who knew him. I'm absolutely sure he was greeted in heaven with the words, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."
On Wednesday, November 10, a memorial service will be held during chapel at the ATS Rockland campus, 350 North Highland Ave. in Nyack from 2:30 until 3:30 p.m.
Please be in prayer for his dear wife, Flora and his daughters, Priscilla and Joanna, as well as other family members and friends. Cards can be mailed to The Siu Family, c/o Alliance Theological Seminary, ATTN: Katie George, 350 North Highland Ave., Nyack, NY 10960.
The Siu family has announced the following arrangments:
Wednesday November 10, 2010
6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Wanamaker and Carlough Funeral Home
177 Route 59
Suffern, NY 10901
Click here for directions.
Thursday November 11, 2010
Living Christ Church
151 South Broadway (corner of Voorhis Ave.)
Nyack, NY 10960
Click here for directions.
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>