New Dean of Students for Nyack
Nyack College Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Dr. David F. Turk, made the following statement to the campus community today:
"I am pleased to announce that Mrs. Wanda Velez has been appointed Associate Dean of Students for the Rockland Campus, effective November 1, 2010. Mrs. Velez will continue in her role as Director of Residence Life throughout the remainder of the school year. Please continue to give her your full support as you welcome her to this new role and challenge. I know that with me you will be praying for God's continued blessing for the entire Student Life staff."
Mrs. Velez is an alumna of Nyack College ('96) and of Alliance Theological Seminary ('01). In addition to her relationship with the institution as a student, she has worn several hats as an employee. In the Office of Advancement, she served as Director of Alumni Relations and Special Events for Nyack/ATS and has also been on the staff of Student Development, first as a Residence Director before taking on her current role of Director of Residence Life.
"Miss Wanda," as she is known to many, is one of the youngest spiritual mothers who has walked the Hillside pouring into the lives of students. It is because of her authentic, down-to-earth personality that she has been endeared to students and her colleagues. She is loved--not just for the pancake breakfasts or spaghetti dinners she has personally cooked for the young ladies in her dorm or for her Gideon's army of workers who would dare prepare a dorm for new students--because of her transparency and even for her "tough love" when necessary.
We celebrate this fine hour with the Velez family (Wanda's husband, Louis; sons, Isaiah and Javian, and daughters Iza and Jada.
Congratulations, Dean Velez!
- March 29: The Amasi Trio in Concert
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- MARCH 31: Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Browse Blog Archive>>