Nyack DC Campus Co-sponsors Panels on Immigration
The Institute for Public Service & Policy Development at the Nyack College DC campus is one of five Christian non-profits co-sponsoring free panel discussions on immigration this fall. The panelists are discussing the relationship between immigration and social integration, the workforce, and security.
Two panels held in September and October took place in the Hart Senate Office Building, where a reception preceded the 7:00 p.m. discussion and Q & A session on the theme, "Immigration Reform: Advancing Human Dignity & Responsibility."
A third panel discussion, also to be held in the Hart Senate Office Building, will take place on Wednesday, November 3 at 7 p.m. Galen Carey of the National Association of Evangelicals will moderate. Panelists will be Jen Smyers, associate at Church World Service; Kyle Longely, professor at Arizona State University; Mark Tooley, president of the Institute for Religion and Democracy; and Mathew Staver, dean of Liberty University's School of Law.
The presentations were recently applauded in a blog post entitled, "A Rare Occurrence: A Balanced Immigration Panel," by James R. Edwards, Jr. Click here to read the post in its entirety.
The other sponsors for immigration panel discussions are the Center for Public Justice, the Institute for Global Engagement, the National Association of Evangelicals and the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference.
For more information this and other events sponsored by Nyack's DC campus, visit www.nyack.edu/DCPress.
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
- 2017 Top Online Colleges for Student Economic Mobility
- Rev. G. Palmer Pardington, III (1939-2017) to Be Memorialized
- New Testament City of Bethsaida Unearthed?
- Browse Blog Archive>>