Nyack DC Campus Co-sponsors Panels on Immigration
The Institute for Public Service & Policy Development at the Nyack College DC campus is one of five Christian non-profits co-sponsoring free panel discussions on immigration this fall. The panelists are discussing the relationship between immigration and social integration, the workforce, and security.
Two panels held in September and October took place in the Hart Senate Office Building, where a reception preceded the 7:00 p.m. discussion and Q & A session on the theme, "Immigration Reform: Advancing Human Dignity & Responsibility."
A third panel discussion, also to be held in the Hart Senate Office Building, will take place on Wednesday, November 3 at 7 p.m. Galen Carey of the National Association of Evangelicals will moderate. Panelists will be Jen Smyers, associate at Church World Service; Kyle Longely, professor at Arizona State University; Mark Tooley, president of the Institute for Religion and Democracy; and Mathew Staver, dean of Liberty University's School of Law.
The presentations were recently applauded in a blog post entitled, "A Rare Occurrence: A Balanced Immigration Panel," by James R. Edwards, Jr. Click here to read the post in its entirety.
The other sponsors for immigration panel discussions are the Center for Public Justice, the Institute for Global Engagement, the National Association of Evangelicals and the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference.
For more information this and other events sponsored by Nyack's DC campus, visit www.nyack.edu/DCPress.
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>