Photo Gallery of Nursing School Dedication Day
On Friday, October 8, 2010, a ribbon-cutting ceremony marked the dedication of the Nyack College Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing on the Rockland County campus of Nyack College. College administrators, trustees, and faculty joined local government officials and community leaders, including Rockland County Executive C. Scott Vanderhoef and president of the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities (CICU), Ms. Laura Anglin, to celebrate this institutional milestone.
Named after a 1980 alumna, the Nyack College Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing is headed by Dr. Elizabeth Simon (pictured third from left) Dr. Simon says, "Nyack College nursing has a vision: to be globally engaged in the service of diverse populations. My service as the director of nursing is to nurture an environment to accomplish that vision. Nyack nursing will blend that vision of transcontinental presence and service-learning into the framework of the curriculum."
Another highlight of the ceremony was the announcement of the SUNY Rockland Community College (RCC) Scholarship in honor of RCC President Dr. Cliff L. Wood. Beginning in the fall 2011 semester, grants of $1,000 will be awarded to all RCC students with a 3.0 GPA, who enroll in the four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) at Nyack College.
Learn more about Nyack's first healthcare professional program at www.nyack.edu/nursing. For more information on the curriculum and the application process, phone director of undergraduate admissions, Dinesh Mahtani at 1.800.336.9225.
- September 3: Book Signing for ATS Alumnus/Author Dimas Salaberrios
- The Loss of AGSC Colleague, Dr. James Chin
- Homecoming 2015: Nyack Alumni, Prepare to Dine!
- Forum on Restorative Justice Features Nyack Professor
- Math Prof Conduct Research at Seoul International Christian Academy in Korea
- Inspiration for a New Academic Year at Nyack/ATS
- School of Music: Trading Textbooks for iPads
- RELEASE: Nyack's 2015 Golf Classic at Saint Andrew's Golf
- Peter Rohdin: Responding to God's Call
- Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
- Nyack/ATS Loses a Dear Friend
- Nyack College Represented in Journal News STEM Education Feature
- RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
- TBN Segment With Nyack Students Airs on Homelessness in NYC
- RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
- Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
- Nursing School Students Volunteer at Walter Hoving Home
- Lauren Lebo, NCAA Division II Lacrosse Champ
- Nyack Manhattan Campus Students on Trinity Broadcasting Network
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Browse Blog Archive>>