Photo Gallery of Nursing School Dedication Day
On Friday, October 8, 2010, a ribbon-cutting ceremony marked the dedication of the Nyack College Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing on the Rockland County campus of Nyack College. College administrators, trustees, and faculty joined local government officials and community leaders, including Rockland County Executive C. Scott Vanderhoef and president of the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities (CICU), Ms. Laura Anglin, to celebrate this institutional milestone.
Named after a 1980 alumna, the Nyack College Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing is headed by Dr. Elizabeth Simon (pictured third from left) Dr. Simon says, "Nyack College nursing has a vision: to be globally engaged in the service of diverse populations. My service as the director of nursing is to nurture an environment to accomplish that vision. Nyack nursing will blend that vision of transcontinental presence and service-learning into the framework of the curriculum."
Another highlight of the ceremony was the announcement of the SUNY Rockland Community College (RCC) Scholarship in honor of RCC President Dr. Cliff L. Wood. Beginning in the fall 2011 semester, grants of $1,000 will be awarded to all RCC students with a 3.0 GPA, who enroll in the four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) at Nyack College.
Learn more about Nyack's first healthcare professional program at www.nyack.edu/nursing. For more information on the curriculum and the application process, phone director of undergraduate admissions, Dinesh Mahtani at 1.800.336.9225.
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Boxer Donut & Expresso Bar Owned by 2012 Nyack Alumnus, Eric Brown
- Browse Blog Archive>>