Photo Gallery of Nursing School Dedication Day
On Friday, October 8, 2010, a ribbon-cutting ceremony marked the dedication of the Nyack College Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing on the Rockland County campus of Nyack College. College administrators, trustees, and faculty joined local government officials and community leaders, including Rockland County Executive C. Scott Vanderhoef and president of the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities (CICU), Ms. Laura Anglin, to celebrate this institutional milestone.
Named after a 1980 alumna, the Nyack College Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing is headed by Dr. Elizabeth Simon (pictured third from left) Dr. Simon says, "Nyack College nursing has a vision: to be globally engaged in the service of diverse populations. My service as the director of nursing is to nurture an environment to accomplish that vision. Nyack nursing will blend that vision of transcontinental presence and service-learning into the framework of the curriculum."
Another highlight of the ceremony was the announcement of the SUNY Rockland Community College (RCC) Scholarship in honor of RCC President Dr. Cliff L. Wood. Beginning in the fall 2011 semester, grants of $1,000 will be awarded to all RCC students with a 3.0 GPA, who enroll in the four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) at Nyack College.
Learn more about Nyack's first healthcare professional program at www.nyack.edu/nursing. For more information on the curriculum and the application process, phone director of undergraduate admissions, Dinesh Mahtani at 1.800.336.9225.
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Browse Blog Archive>>