Photo Gallery of Nursing School Dedication Day
On Friday, October 8, 2010, a ribbon-cutting ceremony marked the dedication of the Nyack College Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing on the Rockland County campus of Nyack College. College administrators, trustees, and faculty joined local government officials and community leaders, including Rockland County Executive C. Scott Vanderhoef and president of the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities (CICU), Ms. Laura Anglin, to celebrate this institutional milestone.
Named after a 1980 alumna, the Nyack College Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing is headed by Dr. Elizabeth Simon (pictured third from left) Dr. Simon says, "Nyack College nursing has a vision: to be globally engaged in the service of diverse populations. My service as the director of nursing is to nurture an environment to accomplish that vision. Nyack nursing will blend that vision of transcontinental presence and service-learning into the framework of the curriculum."
Another highlight of the ceremony was the announcement of the SUNY Rockland Community College (RCC) Scholarship in honor of RCC President Dr. Cliff L. Wood. Beginning in the fall 2011 semester, grants of $1,000 will be awarded to all RCC students with a 3.0 GPA, who enroll in the four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) at Nyack College.
Learn more about Nyack's first healthcare professional program at www.nyack.edu/nursing. For more information on the curriculum and the application process, phone director of undergraduate admissions, Dinesh Mahtani at 1.800.336.9225.
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- Chad Needs Your Votes! (Every Day Until November 30)
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
- Browse Blog Archive>>