Team Cancun Update
Walk into any Barnes & Noble or Borders Bookstore and...well, the book neatly line the shelves--all categorized and alphabetized. But imagine the process of getting a bookstore consumer-ready and consumer-friendly. That's the yeoman's task being accomplished by five Nyack students assisting the owners of Old Cancun Christian Bookstore.
As they battle fatigue and a few inconvenient minor injuries, Team Cancun (pictured above) invites you to check out the bookstore's website they set up at http://www.libreriaunidadcristiana.com. Read about their challenges and their triumphs at http://www.nyackinmexico2010.blogspot.com www.nyackinmexico2010.blogspot.com.
Faculty advisor for the group, Prof. James Muckell, will take another team to Mexico in January 2011 to continue the service-learning work that Nyack has established with an orphanage there. He hopes to have a large enough student group to assign a crew to follow up on the tremendous groundwork done by team leader Carolina Simbana with Piero Gorriti, Farrah Michael, Stephanie Azevedo, and Gavin Penny.
Pray for their endurance to continue the painstaking work and for safe travels as the group will head home next week.
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- April 15: Passover Seder at Nyack New York City
- April 15: Dr. Fernando Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- International Fellowship Day at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled to April 23
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Nyack's "Amazing Race"
- RELEASE: HBO Documentary Features Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica
- Browse Blog Archive>>