Beta Psi Inductions for NYC and Rockland Students
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday April 27, 2010
Nearly twenty Nyack College students have been inducted into the Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon National Honor Society during the 2009-2010 academic year.
Chi Alpha Epsilon (XAE) National Honor Society is a general scholarship society open to students entering college via non-traditional programs in all academic and professional disciplines. XAE was founded in 1989 on the campus of West Chester University in Pennsylvania. The Beta Psi Chapter was chartered on the campus of Nyack College on March 27, 2003.
Fifteen New York City campus students inducted into Beta Psi this month included Maribelles Amara, Lucille Aponte, Hope Cameron-Nash, Richie Charles, Monica Chiu, Gesai Courtenay, Elizabeth Diaz-Reyes, Renee Downes-Higgins, Yenny Ferreira, Devon Hillary, Lennard Letang, John Negron, Raquel Reeves, Rachel Rodriguez, and Rayshaun Spain. Hector Lino is the advisor on the Manhattan campus.
In December 2009, students from the Rockland campus inducted into the chapter were Kwame McIntosh, Marlin Nieves, Naomie Pierre-Louis and Zakira Whitaker. Suzanne Toliao is the advisor on the Rockland campus.
The objectives of XAE are to promote continued high academic standards; to foster increased communication amongst its members, and to honor academic excellence achieved by those students. Students with an overall GPA of at least 3.0 and two consecutive semesters of a GPA of at least 3.0 are eligible for induction into the chapter.
The Nyack campus community celebrates this impressive achievement with our students and their advisors.
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>