Beta Psi Inductions for NYC and Rockland Students
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday April 27, 2010
Nearly twenty Nyack College students have been inducted into the Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon National Honor Society during the 2009-2010 academic year.
Chi Alpha Epsilon (XAE) National Honor Society is a general scholarship society open to students entering college via non-traditional programs in all academic and professional disciplines. XAE was founded in 1989 on the campus of West Chester University in Pennsylvania. The Beta Psi Chapter was chartered on the campus of Nyack College on March 27, 2003.
Fifteen New York City campus students inducted into Beta Psi this month included Maribelles Amara, Lucille Aponte, Hope Cameron-Nash, Richie Charles, Monica Chiu, Gesai Courtenay, Elizabeth Diaz-Reyes, Renee Downes-Higgins, Yenny Ferreira, Devon Hillary, Lennard Letang, John Negron, Raquel Reeves, Rachel Rodriguez, and Rayshaun Spain. Hector Lino is the advisor on the Manhattan campus.
In December 2009, students from the Rockland campus inducted into the chapter were Kwame McIntosh, Marlin Nieves, Naomie Pierre-Louis and Zakira Whitaker. Suzanne Toliao is the advisor on the Rockland campus.
The objectives of XAE are to promote continued high academic standards; to foster increased communication amongst its members, and to honor academic excellence achieved by those students. Students with an overall GPA of at least 3.0 and two consecutive semesters of a GPA of at least 3.0 are eligible for induction into the chapter.
The Nyack campus community celebrates this impressive achievement with our students and their advisors.
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>