Beta Psi Inductions for NYC and Rockland Students
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday April 27, 2010
Nearly twenty Nyack College students have been inducted into the Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon National Honor Society during the 2009-2010 academic year.
Chi Alpha Epsilon (XAE) National Honor Society is a general scholarship society open to students entering college via non-traditional programs in all academic and professional disciplines. XAE was founded in 1989 on the campus of West Chester University in Pennsylvania. The Beta Psi Chapter was chartered on the campus of Nyack College on March 27, 2003.
Fifteen New York City campus students inducted into Beta Psi this month included Maribelles Amara, Lucille Aponte, Hope Cameron-Nash, Richie Charles, Monica Chiu, Gesai Courtenay, Elizabeth Diaz-Reyes, Renee Downes-Higgins, Yenny Ferreira, Devon Hillary, Lennard Letang, John Negron, Raquel Reeves, Rachel Rodriguez, and Rayshaun Spain. Hector Lino is the advisor on the Manhattan campus.
In December 2009, students from the Rockland campus inducted into the chapter were Kwame McIntosh, Marlin Nieves, Naomie Pierre-Louis and Zakira Whitaker. Suzanne Toliao is the advisor on the Rockland campus.
The objectives of XAE are to promote continued high academic standards; to foster increased communication amongst its members, and to honor academic excellence achieved by those students. Students with an overall GPA of at least 3.0 and two consecutive semesters of a GPA of at least 3.0 are eligible for induction into the chapter.
The Nyack campus community celebrates this impressive achievement with our students and their advisors.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>