C&MA Names ATS Alumnus to Leadership Role
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday April 22, 2010
Rev. Rosilio Roman III, a 1995 alumnus of Alliance Theological Seminary in Nyack, has been appointed to the post of assistant vice president for Multicultural Ministries and Church Multiplication by The Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA).
Considered a historic move for the Alliance, vice president for Church ministries, Rev. John Soper commented recently on Roman's selection. "As our congregations are becoming more culturally diverse, so must our national leadership." Rev. Soper, a member of the Nyack/ATS Board of Trustees shared, "Ethnic people currently represent about one-third of the population of the United States, and that same percentage is held within the upper leadership of Church Ministries."
Rev. Roman has served for more than 25 years at the C&MA's National Office in Colorado Springs. His ministry career began as a chaplain candidate in the U.S. Air Force Reserve. From 1987 to 1995, he was senior pastor of The Christian and Missionary Alliance Church of Manati-Pueblo in Manati, Puerto Rico. He later served as church planting director as well as district superintendent of the Puerto Rico District of the C&MA.
The Nyack/ATS campus community salutes the accomplishments of Rev. Roman and applauds the C&MA for recognizing the new assistant vice president as a valuable asset to the Alliance.
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>