C&MA Names ATS Alumnus to Leadership Role
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday April 22, 2010
Rev. Rosilio Roman III, a 1995 alumnus of Alliance Theological Seminary in Nyack, has been appointed to the post of assistant vice president for Multicultural Ministries and Church Multiplication by The Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA).
Considered a historic move for the Alliance, vice president for Church ministries, Rev. John Soper commented recently on Roman's selection. "As our congregations are becoming more culturally diverse, so must our national leadership." Rev. Soper, a member of the Nyack/ATS Board of Trustees shared, "Ethnic people currently represent about one-third of the population of the United States, and that same percentage is held within the upper leadership of Church Ministries."
Rev. Roman has served for more than 25 years at the C&MA's National Office in Colorado Springs. His ministry career began as a chaplain candidate in the U.S. Air Force Reserve. From 1987 to 1995, he was senior pastor of The Christian and Missionary Alliance Church of Manati-Pueblo in Manati, Puerto Rico. He later served as church planting director as well as district superintendent of the Puerto Rico District of the C&MA.
The Nyack/ATS campus community salutes the accomplishments of Rev. Roman and applauds the C&MA for recognizing the new assistant vice president as a valuable asset to the Alliance.
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>