C&MA Names ATS Alumnus to Leadership Role
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday April 22, 2010
Rev. Rosilio Roman III, a 1995 alumnus of Alliance Theological Seminary in Nyack, has been appointed to the post of assistant vice president for Multicultural Ministries and Church Multiplication by The Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA).
Considered a historic move for the Alliance, vice president for Church ministries, Rev. John Soper commented recently on Roman's selection. "As our congregations are becoming more culturally diverse, so must our national leadership." Rev. Soper, a member of the Nyack/ATS Board of Trustees shared, "Ethnic people currently represent about one-third of the population of the United States, and that same percentage is held within the upper leadership of Church Ministries."
Rev. Roman has served for more than 25 years at the C&MA's National Office in Colorado Springs. His ministry career began as a chaplain candidate in the U.S. Air Force Reserve. From 1987 to 1995, he was senior pastor of The Christian and Missionary Alliance Church of Manati-Pueblo in Manati, Puerto Rico. He later served as church planting director as well as district superintendent of the Puerto Rico District of the C&MA.
The Nyack/ATS campus community salutes the accomplishments of Rev. Roman and applauds the C&MA for recognizing the new assistant vice president as a valuable asset to the Alliance.
- OCT 18: Amasi Trio in Concert
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Browse Blog Archive>>