Second Annual Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack Rockland - May 21-22
The Nyack College School of Music is proud to announce its Second Annual Hudson River Pianofest, May 21-22, 2010 on the Rockland County campus. Coordinated by Nyack music professor, Dr. Tammy Lum, this inspiring two-day program of piano master classes, lectures, and concerts is open to all music lovers—students, adult amateurs, teachers, and observers. The program welcomes pianists from intermediate to advanced levels to be active participants. One or two-day registration options are available for students and observers. Audience can purchase tickets to events and concerts.
The internationally renowned concert pianist, Ann Schein, (pictured above) is the featured guest artist. The Washington Post has said of her: “Thank heaven for Ann Schein…what a relief it is to hear a pianist who, with no muss or fuss, simply reaches right into the heart of whatever she is playing and creates music so powerful you cannot tear yourself away.”
Ms. Schein, Dr. Lum, and Dr. Lisa Yui will conduct master classes. Lecture demonstrations will be presented by Dr. Emily White and Dr. David Witten. Topics to be addressed in the classes include, “Performing and Memorizing Post-Romantic Repertoire,” “The Greatest Method Book Never Written: Chopin’s Sketchbook for Pianists,” and “Master Class for Adult Amateurs.”
For more information about this two-day event, contact Tammy Lum, program director at firstname.lastname@example.org 845-675-4MUS. Details are also available at www.hudsonriverpianofest.org
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- NOV 19: Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- Browse Blog Archive>>