Michael Ahn - 2010 Nyack/ATS Commencement Speaker
Michael (Myeong Kyu) Ahn is this year’s speaker for the Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary commencement ceremony to be held on Saturday, May 8, 2010. The college will award him an honorary Doctor of Letters degree. Commencement will be held at 2:00 p.m. at the Westchester County Center located at 198 Central Ave. in White Plains, NY.
From January 2004 through March 2010, Mr. Ahn was president and chief executive officer of LG Electronics North America, the regional headquarters of LG Electronics, Inc., a global force in consumer electronics, mobile communications, and home appliances. After retiring from a 34-year career, he is now senior advisor to LG. He provides strategic counsel to LG Electronics and advises small- and medium-size businesses, as well as not-for-profit organizations.
In this role, Mr. Ahn successfully realigned LG’s multi-faceted North American operations into a single, consolidated business structure, while building the LG brand into a top-tier player in the company’s core business areas. As CEO, he provided strategic direction for LG Electronics activities in the United States, Canada and Mexico, encompassing LG Home Entertainment, Home Appliances, Mobile Phones, Business Solutions, and Air Conditioning products, as well as related service and support activities.
A Vietnam War veteran, Mr. Ahn received the Humanitarian of the Year Award from the Anti-Defamation League in 2008. He continues to be active in industry affairs, as chairman of the Korean Chamber of Commerce in the USA and as a lecturer on marketing at Korea and Yonsei Universities.
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>