NAACP Will Honor Nyack's Earl Miller
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday April 5, 2010
Thursday, April 8, at Rockland County's Pearl River Hilton, the Nyack Branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) will honor Nyack College/ATS's Executive Director of Community Relations, Earl Miller.
This event, the Freedom Fund Dinner, is the group's primary annual fundraiser. Earl will be one of several leaders in education who will be acknowledged for exemplary service to the community.
The keynote speaker for the evening will be the Honorable Congressman John Lewis. "The Reward of Service" is this year's theme at the 51st annual gathering.
Mr. Miller has headed the Office for Community Relations located on the Rockland campus for several years and is the campus ambassador for building and enhancing relationships with community, civic, government, as well as churches and schools in the Tri State New York area. A Nyack alumnus (BS '86; MSOL '06), he is also Nyack's golf coach, who tirelessly serves the institution and its scholar-athletes.
The Nyack campus community salutes Earl Miller for this well-deserved recognition.
- Vote and Send Isamar Lopez to "The Voice!
- The Amasi Trio Concert
- Emerging Technology Students Showcased in Spring Show
- Rockland Chapter of Alpha Chi National Honor Society Adds Nyack College Students
- Nyack/ATS Commencement Ceremony Will Be Streamed Live at www.nyack.edu
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Browse Blog Archive>>