NAACP Will Honor Nyack's Earl Miller
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday April 5, 2010
Thursday, April 8, at Rockland County's Pearl River Hilton, the Nyack Branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) will honor Nyack College/ATS's Executive Director of Community Relations, Earl Miller.
This event, the Freedom Fund Dinner, is the group's primary annual fundraiser. Earl will be one of several leaders in education who will be acknowledged for exemplary service to the community.
The keynote speaker for the evening will be the Honorable Congressman John Lewis. "The Reward of Service" is this year's theme at the 51st annual gathering.
Mr. Miller has headed the Office for Community Relations located on the Rockland campus for several years and is the campus ambassador for building and enhancing relationships with community, civic, government, as well as churches and schools in the Tri State New York area. A Nyack alumnus (BS '86; MSOL '06), he is also Nyack's golf coach, who tirelessly serves the institution and its scholar-athletes.
The Nyack campus community salutes Earl Miller for this well-deserved recognition.
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Browse Blog Archive>>