NAACP Will Honor Nyack's Earl Miller
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday April 5, 2010
Thursday, April 8, at Rockland County's Pearl River Hilton, the Nyack Branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) will honor Nyack College/ATS's Executive Director of Community Relations, Earl Miller.
This event, the Freedom Fund Dinner, is the group's primary annual fundraiser. Earl will be one of several leaders in education who will be acknowledged for exemplary service to the community.
The keynote speaker for the evening will be the Honorable Congressman John Lewis. "The Reward of Service" is this year's theme at the 51st annual gathering.
Mr. Miller has headed the Office for Community Relations located on the Rockland campus for several years and is the campus ambassador for building and enhancing relationships with community, civic, government, as well as churches and schools in the Tri State New York area. A Nyack alumnus (BS '86; MSOL '06), he is also Nyack's golf coach, who tirelessly serves the institution and its scholar-athletes.
The Nyack campus community salutes Earl Miller for this well-deserved recognition.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>