NAACP Will Honor Nyack's Earl Miller
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday April 5, 2010
Thursday, April 8, at Rockland County's Pearl River Hilton, the Nyack Branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) will honor Nyack College/ATS's Executive Director of Community Relations, Earl Miller.
This event, the Freedom Fund Dinner, is the group's primary annual fundraiser. Earl will be one of several leaders in education who will be acknowledged for exemplary service to the community.
The keynote speaker for the evening will be the Honorable Congressman John Lewis. "The Reward of Service" is this year's theme at the 51st annual gathering.
Mr. Miller has headed the Office for Community Relations located on the Rockland campus for several years and is the campus ambassador for building and enhancing relationships with community, civic, government, as well as churches and schools in the Tri State New York area. A Nyack alumnus (BS '86; MSOL '06), he is also Nyack's golf coach, who tirelessly serves the institution and its scholar-athletes.
The Nyack campus community salutes Earl Miller for this well-deserved recognition.
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- Browse Blog Archive>>