NOTE: This blog has moved to NYACK.EDU/NEWS
Nyack Helps Feed Children in Haiti
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Friday March 12, 2010
Nyack's recent sponsorship of a benefit gospel concert at Carnegie Hall in partnership with LemonAID FOR HAITI was an enormous success. Despite the adversity of winter weather advisories that week, supporters rallied together on Friday, February 26 and turned ticket sales into food for young earthquake survivors in the already impoverished nation of Haiti.
Co-founder of LEMONAID with her husband, Billy and her three children, Chedera, Christopher and Conner, Paige Strackman sent along a gracious expression of gratitude.
"Thanks to the support of Nyack, LemonAID for HAITI raised enough money from ticket sales and donations to send 30,030 pounds of food to children there. This will feed 400 children rice for 300 meals resulting in rice for 120,000 individual meals. Thi sis utterly remarkable! So we don't create a security risk for the children, we are sending almost 800 pounds of food a week to the feed program in Port-au-Prince, Haiti that is feeding 400 children six days a week. Words fail to adequately express my gratitude to Nyack College. But I know the kids in Haiti receiving the food, thanks to your involvement, are applauding your efforts to help them!"
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>