Nyack Helps Feed Children in Haiti
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Friday March 12, 2010
Nyack's recent sponsorship of a benefit gospel concert at Carnegie Hall in partnership with LemonAID FOR HAITI was an enormous success. Despite the adversity of winter weather advisories that week, supporters rallied together on Friday, February 26 and turned ticket sales into food for young earthquake survivors in the already impoverished nation of Haiti.
Co-founder of LEMONAID with her husband, Billy and her three children, Chedera, Christopher and Conner, Paige Strackman sent along a gracious expression of gratitude.
"Thanks to the support of Nyack, LemonAID for HAITI raised enough money from ticket sales and donations to send 30,030 pounds of food to children there. This will feed 400 children rice for 300 meals resulting in rice for 120,000 individual meals. Thi sis utterly remarkable! So we don't create a security risk for the children, we are sending almost 800 pounds of food a week to the feed program in Port-au-Prince, Haiti that is feeding 400 children six days a week. Words fail to adequately express my gratitude to Nyack College. But I know the kids in Haiti receiving the food, thanks to your involvement, are applauding your efforts to help them!"
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>