Nyack Helps Feed Children in Haiti
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Friday March 12, 2010
Nyack's recent sponsorship of a benefit gospel concert at Carnegie Hall in partnership with LemonAID FOR HAITI was an enormous success. Despite the adversity of winter weather advisories that week, supporters rallied together on Friday, February 26 and turned ticket sales into food for young earthquake survivors in the already impoverished nation of Haiti.
Co-founder of LEMONAID with her husband, Billy and her three children, Chedera, Christopher and Conner, Paige Strackman sent along a gracious expression of gratitude.
"Thanks to the support of Nyack, LemonAID for HAITI raised enough money from ticket sales and donations to send 30,030 pounds of food to children there. This will feed 400 children rice for 300 meals resulting in rice for 120,000 individual meals. Thi sis utterly remarkable! So we don't create a security risk for the children, we are sending almost 800 pounds of food a week to the feed program in Port-au-Prince, Haiti that is feeding 400 children six days a week. Words fail to adequately express my gratitude to Nyack College. But I know the kids in Haiti receiving the food, thanks to your involvement, are applauding your efforts to help them!"
- Empower Retreat 2018 Has Record-breaking Attendance
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- Browse Blog Archive>>