Nyack's Warrior Women Bring Home CACC Title
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday March 8, 2010
Nyack's Women Warriors clinched the 2009-2010 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) basketball title this past weekend, finishing with a score of 45-43 over Holy Family University. The two teams will represent the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference at the National Collegiate Athletic Conference (NCAA) Division II Women's Basketball East Region Tournament this week. No. 8 Nyack will play No. 1 seed and regional host, Franklin Pierce University, on Friday, March 12 at Fitchburg State College in Fitchburg, MA.
Says Head Coach, Josh Thompson, "I'm so proud of my team. This whole season is a testimony of what God can do in and through each one of us when we seek Him first and give Him all the glory. The thing that excites me the most is seeing how God has worked in the hearts of each player and each coach and drawn us closer to Him and to each other. We are all very excited about playing in the NCAA tournament (Nyack's first team ever) and representing Nyack College on the national stage! God is good!"
Congratulations to Josh Thompson who was named Coach of the Year and to Jasmine Minter, who was named the Tournament's Most Valuable Player after contributing 13 points, seven rebounds and seven assists!
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- International Fellowship Day at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled to April 23
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Nyack's "Amazing Race"
- RELEASE: HBO Documentary Features Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica
- Browse Blog Archive>>