Nyack DC Spring Lecture Series
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday March 4, 2010
The Institute for Public Service & Policy Development on the Nyack College DC campus will partner with the Institute for Global Engagement to co-sponsor three free lectures. The theme of the spring series is, “Christian Contributions to the Middle East Conflict.” Featured speakers are:
Michael Gerson, Wednesday, March 17 on “ Faith or Fanaticism.” Gerson is an opinion writer at The Washington Post and senior research fellow at the Institute for Global Engagement's Center on Faith & International Affairs. A former policy adviser and chief speechwriter to President George W. Bush from 2000 to 2006, he was a senior editor covering politics at U.S. News & World Report. His book, Heroic Conservatism, was published by HarperOne in 2007.
E.J. Dionne, Thursday, April 29 on “Cries for Justice.” Dionne is a columnist for The Washington Post. Before joining The Post in 1990 as a political reporter, he spent 14 years at The New York Times, covering local, state, and national politics, and also served as a foreign correspondent in Paris, Rome and Beirut. He is a university professor at Georgetown University and a senior fellow at The Brookings Institution. Dionne has been a frequent commentator on politics for National Public Radio, ABC's "This Week," and NBC's "Meet the Press."
Dr. Andrea Bartoli, Wednesday, May 19 on “Overcoming Violence” Bartoli has been the Institute for Conflict Analysis and Resolution’s Drucie French Cumbie Chair at George Mason University since 2007. The founding director of Columbia University’s Center for International Conflict Resolution (CICR), a senior research scholar at the School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA), a teaching fellow at Georgetown University, and at the University of Siena, Dr. Bartoli has taught in the US since 1994.
Each lecture will be held at the U.S. Capitol with refreshments beginning at 6:30 p.m., presentations at 7:15 p.m., followed by a question & answer session. The receptions and public lectures are open to the public.
Learn more at www.nyack.edu/DC or by calling 202.220.1300.
- SEPT. 30: "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- RELEASE: Steinway Piano Dedication With Author/NY Times Reporter James Barron
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- SEPT. 30: LAST DAY to Shop for Nyack Warrior Gear Online
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- Browse Blog Archive>>