CICU Honors Nyack Alumnus Frank Dalene
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday March 2, 2010
(l-r) Lori Dalene, Roy Dalene, President Michael Scales, Frank Dalene, and Gwen Dalene
Mr. Frank Dalene, a 1977 graduate of Nyack College was one of 23 men and women in New York who was honored on Monday, March 1 by the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities (CICU) at an awards ceremony at the New York State Capitol Building. The distinguished alumni were acknowledged for their contributions to New York State's economy by the CICU Board of Trustees. An exhibit of the honoree profiles will be on display in the Legislative Office Building in Albany March 15-19.
Mr. Dalene is president and co-founder of Telemark, Inc., and vice president of Hamptons Luxury Homes, Inc., businesses he owns with his brother and partner, Roy Dalene. Telemark is one of the nation's premiere construction services companies. In 2009, Dalene received the Entrepreneur of the Year Award for New York State from the American Business Defense and Advisory Council, headed by former Republican Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich. In 2008, Dalene was a leader in forming Hamptons Green Alliance, a non-profit association of building industry professionals who promote "green building" technologies.
Beyond his studies at Nyack College, Dalene, a religion major, is largely self-taught. As a result of his extensive research in green building, he developed a mechanism that reduces greenhouse gas emissions by identifying the carbon footprint of manufactured products. In November 2009, he was invited to be a panelist with scientists from around the world at New York State's Advance Energy Conference in Hauppauge.
An award-winning advocate for sustainable building and an educator to the green building industry, Dalene is active in many trade associations. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Lions Eye Bank for Long Island. He is also the immediate past president and co-chair of the Health and Sight Committee of the East Hampton Lions Club and is co-founder of the Dalene Family Foundation.
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>