CICU Honors Nyack Alumnus Frank Dalene
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday March 2, 2010
(l-r) Lori Dalene, Roy Dalene, President Michael Scales, Frank Dalene, and Gwen Dalene
Mr. Frank Dalene, a 1977 graduate of Nyack College was one of 23 men and women in New York who was honored on Monday, March 1 by the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities (CICU) at an awards ceremony at the New York State Capitol Building. The distinguished alumni were acknowledged for their contributions to New York State's economy by the CICU Board of Trustees. An exhibit of the honoree profiles will be on display in the Legislative Office Building in Albany March 15-19.
Mr. Dalene is president and co-founder of Telemark, Inc., and vice president of Hamptons Luxury Homes, Inc., businesses he owns with his brother and partner, Roy Dalene. Telemark is one of the nation's premiere construction services companies. In 2009, Dalene received the Entrepreneur of the Year Award for New York State from the American Business Defense and Advisory Council, headed by former Republican Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich. In 2008, Dalene was a leader in forming Hamptons Green Alliance, a non-profit association of building industry professionals who promote "green building" technologies.
Beyond his studies at Nyack College, Dalene, a religion major, is largely self-taught. As a result of his extensive research in green building, he developed a mechanism that reduces greenhouse gas emissions by identifying the carbon footprint of manufactured products. In November 2009, he was invited to be a panelist with scientists from around the world at New York State's Advance Energy Conference in Hauppauge.
An award-winning advocate for sustainable building and an educator to the green building industry, Dalene is active in many trade associations. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Lions Eye Bank for Long Island. He is also the immediate past president and co-chair of the Health and Sight Committee of the East Hampton Lions Club and is co-founder of the Dalene Family Foundation.
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>