CICU Honors Nyack Alumnus Frank Dalene
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday March 2, 2010
(l-r) Lori Dalene, Roy Dalene, President Michael Scales, Frank Dalene, and Gwen Dalene
Mr. Frank Dalene, a 1977 graduate of Nyack College was one of 23 men and women in New York who was honored on Monday, March 1 by the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities (CICU) at an awards ceremony at the New York State Capitol Building. The distinguished alumni were acknowledged for their contributions to New York State's economy by the CICU Board of Trustees. An exhibit of the honoree profiles will be on display in the Legislative Office Building in Albany March 15-19.
Mr. Dalene is president and co-founder of Telemark, Inc., and vice president of Hamptons Luxury Homes, Inc., businesses he owns with his brother and partner, Roy Dalene. Telemark is one of the nation's premiere construction services companies. In 2009, Dalene received the Entrepreneur of the Year Award for New York State from the American Business Defense and Advisory Council, headed by former Republican Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich. In 2008, Dalene was a leader in forming Hamptons Green Alliance, a non-profit association of building industry professionals who promote "green building" technologies.
Beyond his studies at Nyack College, Dalene, a religion major, is largely self-taught. As a result of his extensive research in green building, he developed a mechanism that reduces greenhouse gas emissions by identifying the carbon footprint of manufactured products. In November 2009, he was invited to be a panelist with scientists from around the world at New York State's Advance Energy Conference in Hauppauge.
An award-winning advocate for sustainable building and an educator to the green building industry, Dalene is active in many trade associations. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Lions Eye Bank for Long Island. He is also the immediate past president and co-chair of the Health and Sight Committee of the East Hampton Lions Club and is co-founder of the Dalene Family Foundation.
- SEPT. 18: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack College
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Browse Blog Archive>>