NYACK Announces Scholarship Funds at Benefit Concert
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday February 25, 2010
Nyack College co-sponsored a gospel concert featuring recording artist, Paige Strackman, a Grammy nominated former soloist with the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir on Friday, February 26 at 8:00 p.m. at Weill Recital Hall in Carnegie Hall. Mrs. Strackman’s recently released debut CD is entitled, Who Can Compare to You?
With her husband, Billy and their three children—Chedera, Christopher, and Conner—LemonAID FOR HAITI was founded to feed children in Haiti prior to the January 12 earthquake. Proceeds from this concert will purchase food for hungry children in the devastated country.
In addition to partnering with the Strackmans and LemonAID FOR HAITI, Dr. Michael G. Scales recently announced that Nyack College will invest in the earthquake-torn nation through a broader institutional effort. In a recent statement, he shared that over a four to five year period Nyack will provide “10 full tuition undergraduate college scholarships and 10 full tuition seminary scholarships—worth more than $1 million—to students who have been displaced by the earthquake and who will commit to returning to Haiti to become a part of a new generation of leadership that will rebuild that nation.”
For more information on the scholarships, contact Mr. Lesly Milord, Associate Director of Admissions at the Nyack New York City campus at 212.625.0500.
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>