NYACK Announces Scholarship Funds at Benefit Concert
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday February 25, 2010
Nyack College co-sponsored a gospel concert featuring recording artist, Paige Strackman, a Grammy nominated former soloist with the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir on Friday, February 26 at 8:00 p.m. at Weill Recital Hall in Carnegie Hall. Mrs. Strackman’s recently released debut CD is entitled, Who Can Compare to You?
With her husband, Billy and their three children—Chedera, Christopher, and Conner—LemonAID FOR HAITI was founded to feed children in Haiti prior to the January 12 earthquake. Proceeds from this concert will purchase food for hungry children in the devastated country.
In addition to partnering with the Strackmans and LemonAID FOR HAITI, Dr. Michael G. Scales recently announced that Nyack College will invest in the earthquake-torn nation through a broader institutional effort. In a recent statement, he shared that over a four to five year period Nyack will provide “10 full tuition undergraduate college scholarships and 10 full tuition seminary scholarships—worth more than $1 million—to students who have been displaced by the earthquake and who will commit to returning to Haiti to become a part of a new generation of leadership that will rebuild that nation.”
For more information on the scholarships, contact Mr. Lesly Milord, Associate Director of Admissions at the Nyack New York City campus at 212.625.0500.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>