NYACK Announces Scholarship Funds at Benefit Concert
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday February 25, 2010
Nyack College co-sponsored a gospel concert featuring recording artist, Paige Strackman, a Grammy nominated former soloist with the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir on Friday, February 26 at 8:00 p.m. at Weill Recital Hall in Carnegie Hall. Mrs. Strackman’s recently released debut CD is entitled, Who Can Compare to You?
With her husband, Billy and their three children—Chedera, Christopher, and Conner—LemonAID FOR HAITI was founded to feed children in Haiti prior to the January 12 earthquake. Proceeds from this concert will purchase food for hungry children in the devastated country.
In addition to partnering with the Strackmans and LemonAID FOR HAITI, Dr. Michael G. Scales recently announced that Nyack College will invest in the earthquake-torn nation through a broader institutional effort. In a recent statement, he shared that over a four to five year period Nyack will provide “10 full tuition undergraduate college scholarships and 10 full tuition seminary scholarships—worth more than $1 million—to students who have been displaced by the earthquake and who will commit to returning to Haiti to become a part of a new generation of leadership that will rebuild that nation.”
For more information on the scholarships, contact Mr. Lesly Milord, Associate Director of Admissions at the Nyack New York City campus at 212.625.0500.
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Nyack's Welcome Mat for Hungary
- Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
- Nyack College, A Partner Instructor School for Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
- Nyack Nursing Professor and Student Publish in Journal of Nursing
- Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
- Is Nyack Affordable?
- JUNE 13 & 14: Steinway & Sons Sponsor Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College
- JUNE 11: Nyack's 2014 Golf Classic
- Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
- RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
- Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
- Nyack Campus Community Remembers Ralph G. Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Nyack's Newest Members of Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon
- Browse Blog Archive>>