NYACK Announces Scholarship Funds at Benefit Concert
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday February 25, 2010
Nyack College co-sponsored a gospel concert featuring recording artist, Paige Strackman, a Grammy nominated former soloist with the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir on Friday, February 26 at 8:00 p.m. at Weill Recital Hall in Carnegie Hall. Mrs. Strackman’s recently released debut CD is entitled, Who Can Compare to You?
With her husband, Billy and their three children—Chedera, Christopher, and Conner—LemonAID FOR HAITI was founded to feed children in Haiti prior to the January 12 earthquake. Proceeds from this concert will purchase food for hungry children in the devastated country.
In addition to partnering with the Strackmans and LemonAID FOR HAITI, Dr. Michael G. Scales recently announced that Nyack College will invest in the earthquake-torn nation through a broader institutional effort. In a recent statement, he shared that over a four to five year period Nyack will provide “10 full tuition undergraduate college scholarships and 10 full tuition seminary scholarships—worth more than $1 million—to students who have been displaced by the earthquake and who will commit to returning to Haiti to become a part of a new generation of leadership that will rebuild that nation.”
For more information on the scholarships, contact Mr. Lesly Milord, Associate Director of Admissions at the Nyack New York City campus at 212.625.0500.
- TODAY: The Amasi Trio Concert at 12:30 PM
- Emerging Technology Students Showcased in Spring Show
- Rockland Chapter of Alpha Chi National Honor Society Adds Nyack College Students
- Nyack/ATS Commencement Ceremony Will Be Streamed Live at www.nyack.edu
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Browse Blog Archive>>