Chili Cook-Off Proceeds to Nyack's Haiti Fund
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday February 22, 2010
Shuman Hall on Nyack’s Rockland campus was the site of a Chili Cook-Off on Monday, February 22. The aroma in Presidents Hall did not disappoint the taste testers or the judges. And it was all about a worthy cause. Proceeds of more than $200.00 from the event will go to Nyack’s Haiti Fund.
Coordinator Emma Martinez, Admissions Office Manager at the Nyack Rockland campus was assisted by colleagues Natasha Pettigrew, Stephanie Cha, and Kylene Chua.
Who made the chili? Campus cooks were Natasha Pettigrew, Jonathan Schaffstall, Jillian McCaffrey, Kylene Chua, Stephanie Cha, Rita Holmes, Emma Martinez, Kate Napolitano and Earl Miller.
First place winner of the Cook-Off was Earl Miller, "The People’s Choice" for his Pajaro Dulce Y Chili Negro de Frijol con Borona Chili. Stephanie Cha won second place for her Hunk O’ Burning Love Chili, and Natasha Pettigrew, took third place for her Kickin’ Chili.
Four judges with discriminating palates were Dinesh Mahtani, Admissions Director; Daniel Cortes, Admissions Counselor; Dr. Elena Murphy, Director of Assessment; and Joel Fevig, Admissions Counselor.
And the finishing touch….chocolate chip cookies from Linda Poston, Associate Dean of Library Services!
Emma Martinez shares, “I want to thank the Nyack community for helping to support Haiti. It was a wonderful event and everyone enjoyed it thoroughly.”
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>