Chili Cook-Off Proceeds to Nyack's Haiti Fund
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday February 22, 2010
Shuman Hall on Nyack’s Rockland campus was the site of a Chili Cook-Off on Monday, February 22. The aroma in Presidents Hall did not disappoint the taste testers or the judges. And it was all about a worthy cause. Proceeds of more than $200.00 from the event will go to Nyack’s Haiti Fund.
Coordinator Emma Martinez, Admissions Office Manager at the Nyack Rockland campus was assisted by colleagues Natasha Pettigrew, Stephanie Cha, and Kylene Chua.
Who made the chili? Campus cooks were Natasha Pettigrew, Jonathan Schaffstall, Jillian McCaffrey, Kylene Chua, Stephanie Cha, Rita Holmes, Emma Martinez, Kate Napolitano and Earl Miller.
First place winner of the Cook-Off was Earl Miller, "The People’s Choice" for his Pajaro Dulce Y Chili Negro de Frijol con Borona Chili. Stephanie Cha won second place for her Hunk O’ Burning Love Chili, and Natasha Pettigrew, took third place for her Kickin’ Chili.
Four judges with discriminating palates were Dinesh Mahtani, Admissions Director; Daniel Cortes, Admissions Counselor; Dr. Elena Murphy, Director of Assessment; and Joel Fevig, Admissions Counselor.
And the finishing touch….chocolate chip cookies from Linda Poston, Associate Dean of Library Services!
Emma Martinez shares, “I want to thank the Nyack community for helping to support Haiti. It was a wonderful event and everyone enjoyed it thoroughly.”
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>