Chili Cook-Off Proceeds to Nyack's Haiti Fund
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday February 22, 2010
Shuman Hall on Nyack’s Rockland campus was the site of a Chili Cook-Off on Monday, February 22. The aroma in Presidents Hall did not disappoint the taste testers or the judges. And it was all about a worthy cause. Proceeds of more than $200.00 from the event will go to Nyack’s Haiti Fund.
Coordinator Emma Martinez, Admissions Office Manager at the Nyack Rockland campus was assisted by colleagues Natasha Pettigrew, Stephanie Cha, and Kylene Chua.
Who made the chili? Campus cooks were Natasha Pettigrew, Jonathan Schaffstall, Jillian McCaffrey, Kylene Chua, Stephanie Cha, Rita Holmes, Emma Martinez, Kate Napolitano and Earl Miller.
First place winner of the Cook-Off was Earl Miller, "The People’s Choice" for his Pajaro Dulce Y Chili Negro de Frijol con Borona Chili. Stephanie Cha won second place for her Hunk O’ Burning Love Chili, and Natasha Pettigrew, took third place for her Kickin’ Chili.
Four judges with discriminating palates were Dinesh Mahtani, Admissions Director; Daniel Cortes, Admissions Counselor; Dr. Elena Murphy, Director of Assessment; and Joel Fevig, Admissions Counselor.
And the finishing touch….chocolate chip cookies from Linda Poston, Associate Dean of Library Services!
Emma Martinez shares, “I want to thank the Nyack community for helping to support Haiti. It was a wonderful event and everyone enjoyed it thoroughly.”
- TONIGHT: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- MAY 30: New York City Fish Count
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>