Chili Cook-Off Proceeds to Nyack's Haiti Fund
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday February 22, 2010
Shuman Hall on Nyack’s Rockland campus was the site of a Chili Cook-Off on Monday, February 22. The aroma in Presidents Hall did not disappoint the taste testers or the judges. And it was all about a worthy cause. Proceeds of more than $200.00 from the event will go to Nyack’s Haiti Fund.
Coordinator Emma Martinez, Admissions Office Manager at the Nyack Rockland campus was assisted by colleagues Natasha Pettigrew, Stephanie Cha, and Kylene Chua.
Who made the chili? Campus cooks were Natasha Pettigrew, Jonathan Schaffstall, Jillian McCaffrey, Kylene Chua, Stephanie Cha, Rita Holmes, Emma Martinez, Kate Napolitano and Earl Miller.
First place winner of the Cook-Off was Earl Miller, "The People’s Choice" for his Pajaro Dulce Y Chili Negro de Frijol con Borona Chili. Stephanie Cha won second place for her Hunk O’ Burning Love Chili, and Natasha Pettigrew, took third place for her Kickin’ Chili.
Four judges with discriminating palates were Dinesh Mahtani, Admissions Director; Daniel Cortes, Admissions Counselor; Dr. Elena Murphy, Director of Assessment; and Joel Fevig, Admissions Counselor.
And the finishing touch….chocolate chip cookies from Linda Poston, Associate Dean of Library Services!
Emma Martinez shares, “I want to thank the Nyack community for helping to support Haiti. It was a wonderful event and everyone enjoyed it thoroughly.”
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>