Chili Cook-Off Proceeds to Nyack's Haiti Fund
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday February 22, 2010
Shuman Hall on Nyack’s Rockland campus was the site of a Chili Cook-Off on Monday, February 22. The aroma in Presidents Hall did not disappoint the taste testers or the judges. And it was all about a worthy cause. Proceeds of more than $200.00 from the event will go to Nyack’s Haiti Fund.
Coordinator Emma Martinez, Admissions Office Manager at the Nyack Rockland campus was assisted by colleagues Natasha Pettigrew, Stephanie Cha, and Kylene Chua.
Who made the chili? Campus cooks were Natasha Pettigrew, Jonathan Schaffstall, Jillian McCaffrey, Kylene Chua, Stephanie Cha, Rita Holmes, Emma Martinez, Kate Napolitano and Earl Miller.
First place winner of the Cook-Off was Earl Miller, "The People’s Choice" for his Pajaro Dulce Y Chili Negro de Frijol con Borona Chili. Stephanie Cha won second place for her Hunk O’ Burning Love Chili, and Natasha Pettigrew, took third place for her Kickin’ Chili.
Four judges with discriminating palates were Dinesh Mahtani, Admissions Director; Daniel Cortes, Admissions Counselor; Dr. Elena Murphy, Director of Assessment; and Joel Fevig, Admissions Counselor.
And the finishing touch….chocolate chip cookies from Linda Poston, Associate Dean of Library Services!
Emma Martinez shares, “I want to thank the Nyack community for helping to support Haiti. It was a wonderful event and everyone enjoyed it thoroughly.”
- OCT 18: Amasi Trio in Concert
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Browse Blog Archive>>