Save New York State Student Aid Funding
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday January 21, 2010
New York Governor David Paterson released the state's Executive Budget for next year this week, cutting the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) by more than $71 million and eliminating TAP for graduate students. The Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities (CICU) is asking New York campus communities to call on New York's Legislators to restore these funds.
The CICU gives these suggestions for supporting their advocacy for saving aid.
1. Please visit our e-mail advocacy site http://capwiz.com/cicu/home to write to your elected officials and other key higher education policymakers.
2. Join our campaign on Facebook to stay informed.
3. Forward the information to your family, friends, and colleagues to encourage their participation.
More than 315,000 students are depending on state assistance to meet their college costs this year. Further, four million students have received state aid during the past four decades.
In a year when 35 years of TAP and 40 years of HEOP are being celebrated in Albany, help protect these vital sources of student aid by contacting elected officials and policymakers is imperative.
- In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
- 2017 Top Online Colleges for Student Economic Mobility
- Rev. G. Palmer Pardington, III (1939-2017) to Be Memorialized
- New Testament City of Bethsaida Unearthed?
- Remembering Dr. Rexford Boda, President Emeritus (1933-2017)
- Dr. Marie White Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
- El-Araj Excavation Update and Photo Gallery
- Summertime Prayer
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
- Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
- SAVE THE DATES! September 29 & 30: Borderline Music Festival
- From Dr. Steve Notley in Israel: AJCO Dig Discovery!
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Browse Blog Archive>>