Save New York State Student Aid Funding
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday January 21, 2010
New York Governor David Paterson released the state's Executive Budget for next year this week, cutting the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) by more than $71 million and eliminating TAP for graduate students. The Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities (CICU) is asking New York campus communities to call on New York's Legislators to restore these funds.
The CICU gives these suggestions for supporting their advocacy for saving aid.
1. Please visit our e-mail advocacy site http://capwiz.com/cicu/home to write to your elected officials and other key higher education policymakers.
2. Join our campaign on Facebook to stay informed.
3. Forward the information to your family, friends, and colleagues to encourage their participation.
More than 315,000 students are depending on state assistance to meet their college costs this year. Further, four million students have received state aid during the past four decades.
In a year when 35 years of TAP and 40 years of HEOP are being celebrated in Albany, help protect these vital sources of student aid by contacting elected officials and policymakers is imperative.
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- Nyack College School of Music December Concerts
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>