Save New York State Student Aid Funding
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday January 21, 2010
New York Governor David Paterson released the state's Executive Budget for next year this week, cutting the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) by more than $71 million and eliminating TAP for graduate students. The Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities (CICU) is asking New York campus communities to call on New York's Legislators to restore these funds.
The CICU gives these suggestions for supporting their advocacy for saving aid.
1. Please visit our e-mail advocacy site http://capwiz.com/cicu/home to write to your elected officials and other key higher education policymakers.
2. Join our campaign on Facebook to stay informed.
3. Forward the information to your family, friends, and colleagues to encourage their participation.
More than 315,000 students are depending on state assistance to meet their college costs this year. Further, four million students have received state aid during the past four decades.
In a year when 35 years of TAP and 40 years of HEOP are being celebrated in Albany, help protect these vital sources of student aid by contacting elected officials and policymakers is imperative.
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- June 25 Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating Nyack's School of Nursing Graduates
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- Browse Blog Archive>>