Save New York State Student Aid Funding
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday January 21, 2010
New York Governor David Paterson released the state's Executive Budget for next year this week, cutting the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) by more than $71 million and eliminating TAP for graduate students. The Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities (CICU) is asking New York campus communities to call on New York's Legislators to restore these funds.
The CICU gives these suggestions for supporting their advocacy for saving aid.
1. Please visit our e-mail advocacy site http://capwiz.com/cicu/home to write to your elected officials and other key higher education policymakers.
2. Join our campaign on Facebook to stay informed.
3. Forward the information to your family, friends, and colleagues to encourage their participation.
More than 315,000 students are depending on state assistance to meet their college costs this year. Further, four million students have received state aid during the past four decades.
In a year when 35 years of TAP and 40 years of HEOP are being celebrated in Albany, help protect these vital sources of student aid by contacting elected officials and policymakers is imperative.
- FEB 21: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Browse Blog Archive>>