Prayer for Haiti
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Wednesday January 13, 2010
Dr. Michael G. Scales, Nyack/ATS president issued the following statement.
As a globally engaged institution preparing thousands for service abroad as missionaries, we ask the campus community to continue praying for Port-au-Prince, Haiti, which was struck by yesterday’s devastating earthquake. Especially pray for those Nyack or ATS students and employees who have family in that country as they attempt to account for their relatives.
This 7.0 quake is being called the largest in history to hit this already impoverished nation of more than 9 million. Let us pray for God’s mercy, grace, and provision for survival to prevail as leaders of the nation and rescue workers go about the daunting task of rescue, recovery, and rebuilding.
- May 9: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- Nyack Manhattan Welcomes High School Music Students from Michigan
- Help Rockonomix Team Nyack Win. Vote Today!
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Browse Blog Archive>>